I am sore

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had kidney stones removed keyhole surgery a month ago. For past few days really sore where scar is and there is a stitch that will hopefully work its way out at some point. One stitch has already worked its way out. Why has this happened now and why was I not sore before this? Think it may be where my bra is rubbing on the back maybe try not wearing a bra for a few days. Has anyone else experienced this? My neighbour looked at scar on back for me yesterday. Said it was a bit red but not angry red and did not look infected at all. Also diarrhoea first thing in the morning and pain come back again in right side though not nearly as bad as I  was when I had the stones. Appointment with GP next week and I will ask him these questions. In the meantime has anyone got any bright ideas or advice. Sarah

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I would call the doctor who did the surgery and tell him what is going on. 
  • Posted

When my wife had a kidney removed in 2008, it took a very long time to heal afterward and she would often get similar and varying pains in comparison to what she dealt with before the nephrectomy.. There were even times when it felt like her kidney hurt even though it was gone! I do seem to recall her saying the same thing about her bra. I also seem to recall her going long periods of time with little to no pain during the healing process, then WAM it would come roaring back and scare the hell out of us! In the end, she was totally fine. I guess her body was just healingrolleyes I hope it's nothing in your case as well. I also know that her muscles would get very out of wack( and painful) around the kidney because they try to protect the traumatized area. She was even prescribed muscle relaxers for a while because of that. I remember very well that there were so many times that we thought something must be wrong during the healing process, but there wasn't. Is there anything else that could've caused the diarrhea? Medications? Her doctor told us that one of the linings in the kidney has the most pain receptors of any part of the body. He said that kidney pain is some of the worst pain a person can experience. Must be one of the reasons that even tiny stones hurt so damn much! I hope it passes for you.

• Posted

Thanks for reply. We have an excellent chemist in town and I have spoken to him this morning. He thinks it might be the metformin that I am taking for diabetes that is causing the problem and has suggested i cut down on it or even abandon it altogether for a few days to see if it helps. I'll let you know the outcome.

Sarah 

• Posted

Also, I would definitely ask about it ASAP! I would not let it go if it persists.
    • Posted

Saw GP this morning. He was happy for me to cut down on metformin for a bit. Also as nurse took out my stitch so more comfortable now.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.