I am starting a cabbage juice cure to treat my gastritis. Anyone wants to try with me?

Posted , 58 users are following.

Some doctors cured their patients of ulcers in the mid 20th century with cabbage juice. Supposedly they got some relief after 4 days and most of them were cured after 7-10 days.

Here is how to proceed: one has to drink 200 ml of fresh cabbage juice 5 times a day, so every 3 hours. I am going to mix mine with one apple in the morning (if I can take the acidity of the apple), and other vegetables (carrots, spinach, celeri, fennel) the rest of the day to make it more tasty.

4 likes, 98 replies

98 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey I've started drinking green cabbage juice 3 weeks ago, 1 liter/day, 4-5 doses daily, 3-4 hours apart. I can say it's not a miracle cure (yet). I have mild chronic gastritis and still have same sympthoms as before starting. I was expecting much more, as I've read some studies that show 80-100% cure only in a few days/weeks. Probably i'll go back to meds soon. It's my 9th month of gastritis so far.

This cabbage thing is too good to be true smile 

• Posted

I gave up cabbage juice too, it made me feel so bad (lack of energy mostly). Finally I got cured with a strict low acid, low fat bland diet and dexilant 60 mg.
    • Posted

Hi Ines

I thought cabbage juice makes your stomach pain and acidity disappear...what happened? im too taking dexilant 60mf twice a day..for 2 weeks now..But im still having the gnawing hunger pangs continuously...even after I ate..my stomach feels hollow all the time and discomfort at upper abdominal. I was diagnosed with antral gastritis 4 mths back from endo. Was switching between nexium n dexilant...and now only maintaining on dexilant n ganaton. Stomach was OK on Thursday..and suddenly flare ups with tremendous acidity...till it wakes me up several times at night due to severe acidity and hunger.

I just started carrot n cabbage juice tonite before bed..it taste awful..makes me wanna puke..but I still hope it helps to take away this gnawing hunger feeling and acidity soon. im also taking alfalfa capsules...hopefully it works. I tried slippery elm..but it kinda mess up with my dexilant.

Do u have this continuous gnawing hunger pangs, sourish stomach n sourish taste in mouth? I have to wake up middle nite to eat something and go back sleep again nowadays...due to the hunger pangs.

• Posted

Cabbage juice is healing for the stomach but it is also goitrogenic, it can cause a hypothyroïdic state which feels really bad. That is what happened to me and that is why I stopped.

Yes I do have the symptoms you describe at night when my stomach is irritated. DGL or coconut water help usually.

• Posted

Hi go supermarket & buy Yakult in the dairy section & drink one everyday, sounds like you have the Helicobacter Pylori that makes you feel hungry & you have a gnawing pains & acid reflux, go to Dr & have a blood test to see if you do have the Helicobacter-Pylori infection if you do they will put you on the Triple therpy meds..but drink those Yakults drinks & see if it fixes the problem that's what I do, I get a blood test to see if my Helicobacter has come back, it hasnt so I went back to drinking the Yakults every day best to drink inbetween a meal..they taste nice a little pink drink of probiotics..

• Posted

Hi Sue

I had an endoscopy done in June this year..no h.pylori. But was diagnosed with antral gastritis. My first exp with cabbage juice yesterday..it stop my acidity after the first glass...but still hating the continuous hunger and slight gnawing...I hope its only inflammation.

• Posted

I have exactly the same symptoms as you. Diagnosed Metaplasia intestinal. Having    gastritis is living in hell. I have been taking nexium 40mg for 2 years combined with carafate  They were not  really helping  me. I REALLY PREY TO GOD PLEASE HELP TO FIND THE CURE FOR THIS ILLNESS and one day I found this forum and Thanks to you guys for the inf about the white cabbage . I have being taking it  beverly for 2 days and I feel so much much better. AND believe it or not for two days I just reduced the doses of the nexium to 20mg. 
    • Posted

hello, ive been doing research and you can do anything green. try and make sure its organic as the soil matters. there are live organisms on our plants that help our gut. all the pesticides kill these organsims. hope this helps. ive done organic baby spinach in water and got the same effects and its cheaper.you can blend any and put through a sifter and wallah.

• Posted

Just a side note, it's pointless testing for H pylori by blood test as once you have tested positive for it previously it will generally always show up in your bloods even when it's gone as generally the proteins stay in your blood.

A stool test or a scope are your most accurate tests.

• Posted

I am just starting the cabbage juice treatment! Have had an ulcer for almost a year which keeps reoccurring, the doctors just keep giving me omeprazole which damps the symptoms but doesn't seem to help it heal. It also leaves  your body open to other bugs if you take it all the time as your stomach acid isn't acidic enough to kill bad bacteria and viruses. Just about given up on my long awaited referral to the gastroenterologist. SO. Borrowed my neighbour's juicer and here goes... I tried fermenting cabbage juice months ago but it was so vile I threw most of it straight back up again and that was the end of that! Then I recently realised that in the studies which were done where the patients got healed they used fresh cabbage juice and didn't ferment it at all! Had my first cup of fresh juice this evening and I have to say, it's bloody lovely! Didn't need to mix in carrot or apple juice at all it was really nice as it was. I might mix in some celery juice next time though as that's supposed to be good for ulcers too. So.....any more success stories out there? Have any of your ulcers reoccurs since the cabbage juice treatment? Cheers x
    • Posted

I gave up the cabbage juice and got cured of gastritis with low acid low fat bland diet and dexilant 60 mg.
    • Posted

Hi are you still here ? I am having the EXACT same story as you - I've just started on the cabbage juice and it's making me feel so tired all the time, even just after one day. I'd love to you know if cured your ulcer and if I should persist with it ??

• Posted

hello, ive been doing research and you can do anything green. try and make sure its organic as the soil matters. there are live organisms on our plants that help our gut. all the pesticides kill these organsims. hope this helps. ive done organic baby spinach in water and got the same effects and its cheaper.you can blend any and put through a sifter and wallah.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.