I am starting venlafex xl 37.5mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am starting venlafex xl 37.5mg tomorrow whilst taking 20mg of citaopram for 7 days then going off the citalopram for good, then upping the venlafex to 75mg, I'm really anxious Of and side affects that may happen, I was originally on 40mg of citalopram for 7 years but just not working any more I was suffering hot flushes and night sweats, jaw clenching a lot 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dede,

I wouldn’t worry about side effects until they happen. 

Get to feeling well first. 

Efexor is often used to help with sweating of menopause for example but can also cause sweating, which I handle by carrying a hand towel at all times.

Cheers Linda

• Posted

I can only say that I was on Venlafaxine for 7 years, but was aware that after 3 years or so, it was losing its efficacy. I eventually became perpetually angry. The first 2 years were a 'state of grace' -it felt so good, although it took 6 months for the benefits to kick in. So, please ask questions. Withdrawal was an unpleasant experience that left me with dizziness, fog in the brain and anxiety.

• Posted

Hi I was on citalopram for years and they lost their affects and I was suffering terrible angry and mood swings so hopefully theses new ones will help for now 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.