I am suffering 24/7 with alcohol addiction and have done...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am suffering 24/7 with alcohol addiction and have done so gradually over the past 10 years.What started as a fun thing has now turned into a desparate need to drink vodka or indeed any recepticle with the word alcohol written across it.I have lost my best friend to drink and yet I still do it I just cant stop.I worry like crazy that I will end up like him 6ft under before long.I want to give up but maybe I am weak willed when I get up each morning deciding never to touch a drop again but then sure enough by early evening I have normally finished off another bottle of vodka.If I have had a good day it might be only half, but the good days are getting less and less. The buzz just doesnt stay very long however quickly I drink it down these days.Gone are the days when the room span around after a good night on the town now its just lethargy when I drink for days on end not allowing my body to sober up fully or my liver to have a break. I know in the back of my mind that if I dont stop soon I will lose everyone close to me I know that but I feel helpless and so out of control so what do I do yes I have another drink to cope with it!I am in a vicious circle spinning wildly out of control and I know it will take a lot to get me out of it so anyone who is reading this please dont end up like me god bless:ill:

[i:4af0d1378d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4af0d1378d]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Control Alcohol and then go to his one day clinic. I am a cynic and did not believe it could work. I have been drinking for 30 years and every day for 20! I have not touched a drop since going to the above, but the best thing is I have not wanted to!!

[i:83de183ee2]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:83de183ee2]

• Posted

when i read these letters i feel so sad, my husband was a chronic alchoholic, he had a good home, a wife that loved him, and three lovely children. he had lots of help offered him, and i tried and treid to stop him drinking. over the years he drank more and more mainly vodka, which turned him into a emotionally abusive person to me and the children. over the last two years, he had been sectioned twice, and the police where involved at times, the last couple of months he was not allowed to live with us because of the emotional distress he was causing my 12year old daughter. he fought we were all against him. he died at the end of february, at 48 years all alone, I found him. now my heart is hurting so much, no one could possibly no how much, i feel so guilty that i couldnt stop him drinking, and just want him back

[i:d19b71e451]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d19b71e451]

• Posted

I am sitting here crying reading about how alcohol is ruining your life. I was a binge drinker for many years, only feeling good when i was drunk. The pub became my crutch and my so called \"friends\" in it, also heavy drinkers. We had many good times together, sadly all centred around drink. I used to drink until either i passed out or was sick, every time i had a drink, normally bacardi. Then my dear Mum was given 6 months to live, never been a drinker or smoker. My so called \"friends\" didnt want to know, they only liked me being a drunken ass hole i think. After her death only one person had any kind word for me out of our large group. That was 2 years ago. I stopped going to the pub, completely cut off the people who drank and took over my Dads care who is 80. I have been told last week that the person who comforted me after losing my Mum is on a life support machine not expected to live due to his drinking, he is 41. I had kept in touch with him from afar, i couldnt cope with the hassle of his behaviour when he was drunk but i loved him. Please stop drinking, people do care and you are worth it. x
  • Posted

Hi, i suffered for 20 years of consuming bottles of vodka.

I understand you totally, first thing in the morning, all day sometimes all night, not eating, every time i had a drink of water i would vomit.

I used to wake early in the morning, before my wife and go to the shower with a bottle of vodka not shower gel thinking she didn't know, we are now divorced, my home repossessed i was out of work for two years, i have chronic liver disease, a failing spleen, depression and anxiety and i have just come out of hospital for the second time due to internal bleeding.

I haven't had a drink for over a year now, i sometimes find it hard to feel happy and to feel like i have a purpose or i belong but one day at a time. One day at a time

• Posted

hello there,

i have just read your experience page.

i just wanted to say that i lost my friend just yesterday.he died yesterday he were just 41 years old.

he were a fantastic person,kind and caring.

im unsure if reading this will help,but the shock that this has created to myself and my family will stay with us forever.

perhaps you could think of that....think of the hurt to your family when they find you,perhaps with this thought in mind it may help your control .

i hope you do not take offence by what i have written,i just know exactly at the spot where you are...as i watched my dear friend drink and drink and drink to his own death.......we now have to bury him next week instead he should of been coming to share christmas with me and my children for christmas dinner.....tell me to go away,it seems corny to say but i wish you all the luck in the world.wishing you the best of health and happiness in your world.goodnight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.