I am suffering from pancreatitis pain since one month

Posted , 7 users are following.

As i have already posted my whole case... that i was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis almost a month ago with amylase level 291...but i was given so many antibiotics and painkillers and even some medicines of ulcers too by my doctor and my ultrasound was normal (even no inflammation of pancreas was seen). I am on zero fat diet, even i have'nt eat bread since one month and only drinking juices porridge non fat biscuits and cornflakes or milk. But still my pain is here...can somebody tell me when it will.go.away... 10 days ago i got my amylase checked again and it was reduced to 195 but pain is similar as it was before and sometimes it gets worsened and sometimes it is better but not perfectly alright... i dont know what will cure me as i have already taken medicines, diet is all ok then why this is not going? I m exhausted and cannot eat anything. Please help me and tell. me that is it normal for a pancreatitis patient to bear all that?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi shaiza.. First of all sorry for your situation.. This is a case of mild pancreatitis .. U should eat low fat diet and drink water in a good amount.. U need to make sure that u travel less.. And make sure to take proper rest.. Your pancreas is not healthy but still it has to work every time you eat sth.. Who would like to work when he or she is not well.. Just same case with pancreas.. Take home made or self cooked food only.. Eat pineapple.. Citrus fruits.. Dont do any exercises but just walk whenever get time.. Hope this will work for you.. Be alert .. You will get cure soon..
    • Posted

Thanks for being so considerate kapil.. but do u have any idea how long does it take for this pain to subside?? Because it is persistant since one month and i cannot even eat self cooked foods just becausr of this pain.. it has become a dream for me to see my abdomen without pain :-/ :'(
    • Posted

have you ever heard about 100% dedication.. i believe u have had.. so just be sure what not to eat .. because your pancreas are ill and still it has to work for you.. this way it cannot get healed or come back to normal shape.. you are on the intial phase where recovery is possible.. good thing is you are aware of this disease and trying get it heal.. continue doing this and eat only home made items.. not even from bakery.. be 100% give it 100%.. consult your doctor  if u can take some enzymes.. the minimum enzymes which has pancreatin salt is creon 4000.. consult with you Dr and start that.. that will help in digestion.. i will pray from god for your quick recovery.. hope you get well soon
    • Posted

Thank you kapil you are amazing.

I am trying to be much dedicated but still when pain gets worsened, i lose hope.

I got my amylase level checked again yesterday and it has reduced much from 291 to 195 then to 158...but the problem is that pain is same as it was before... i am taking boiled rice, boiled potato,salad, banana, cerelac, porridge, milk, yogurt, cornflakes, juices and sometimes a little bit of boiled chicken. Hope so my doctor will prescribe me some enzyme supplement but i dont think he will take me much serious because he thinks i have mild.acute pancreatitis where as pain is persistant and it is not going away :-/ thanks once again :')

• Posted

Hi shaiza..i would say that ur doctor may be correct . He don't want that ur system becomes habitual of the enzymes.. I think u should take those food item which don need much effort to digest.. Fix it now with semi liquid food.. Or food like oatmeals is good.. Continue with this for one or weeks with positive attitude.. U r near to get cure.. This time u need to be really careful.. Because the moment u start feeling good.. U may start with the habits I were following earlier.. But dont do that.. Js be sure to focus on the same diet ofbporridge for a time and remember at night don't eat much .. And don't forget to walk after ever meal snack dinner.. Its my knowledge that if u follow eating oatmeals.. And drinking water and walking continuously.. Ur problem may get totally resolved..
    • Posted

Ok kapil... yes i eat oatmeal but not regularly because i dont like its taste :-P

But surely i will eat it and will drink a lot of water and juices

Today i had an ultrasound and radiologist said that pancreas is not clearly visible because of overlying shadows and my doctor will suggest me a CT scan. But radiologist said that ultrasound has some limitations but it shows that my gallbladder is little bit distended than before and it is partially filled with sludge (not stones) and due to which may be pancreas is also suffering. Radiologist had a view that it can be termed as subacute inflammation.of gallbladder. And they will suggest me a CT scan to confirm the problem. Pray for me and thankyou so mch

• Posted

hi shaiza, hope you are doing well, i want to tell u sth.. in this phase, u have porridge at most of time.. it is very easy to digest.. include some turmeric and salt.. more and more veggies except onion and its category.. cook in olive+ coconut oil with less oil, have proper walk of half an hour after every meal, drink plenty of water, early morning before tooth brush you can drink a glass of water will help in digestion, then have sweetlime juice, eat blue berries, follow this for a time of one to two months at least, u will see the results,,do never eat outside food, cook fresh always.. my prayers are with you and evey body in this group, we all get cure asap..
    • Posted

hi shaiza.. if you still have pain.. consult some homeopth... with that ur immune system would become strong.. and eat less frequent diets..have good eating habits.. focus on your goals .. sleep well.. walk and walk.. you are about to cure..
    • Posted

Thanku Kapil smile

I had consulted to the homeopathy too. My pain is better than before but it is still here... i dont know when it will subside.. that day will be the luckiest. I am having a low fat diet..fruits, fat free milk and using olive oil in foods.. can only eat small meal and i am experiencing excessive gas buildup now a days. I got my amylase checked again today and it is 23... it reduced from 158 to 23 in one month... i dont think 23 is normal..it is less than the normal and pain and discomfort in the tommy area is still here... i feel belching nd burping too.. whats the reason?? Amylase is reduced... can u tell me the causes and effects of the lower levels of amylase and is 23 is normal?

• Posted

It is correct to stay positive, drink tons of water, eat a low fat diet, and stay positive but you can have chronic pancreatitis that will always require some sort of pain management and enzymes (mine is the lowest at 2500 called ZenPen).  Sleep will be your friend when you have an episode that can grab ahold of you based on simple things like over doing it physically, stress related items and some foods that are new and not well liked by your pancreas.  One of my docs said pancreatitis is like an angry dog...treat it kindly and the pain will subside but the anger can creep up anytime.  To my knowledge - chronic pancreatitis does NOT go away...you just have to manage the pain and pace yourself.

• Posted

Thanku so much... my doctor said that i have acute pancreatitis but pain is persistant and i feel like it is chronic as it is not going away. I am not taking any medicine just having a painkiller one time a day... i got my amylase level checked again yesterday and it was reduced from 291 to 195 and then 195 to 158.... but pain has no effect of its reduction...pain is same as it was before ... i m on full dietary precautions but i think it will take time. Thanku
    • Posted

How are you holding up now? Has your doc prescribed any enzyme suppliements yet such as creon?

In a similar situation as you however my Amylase levels randomly shoot up to 1800+ causing an obscene amount of pain, and since taking Creon I've been doing well, so maybe that is something you could look into

• Posted

Hi Shaiza74846

I had almost exactly the same experience from just before Christmas and was diagnosed with mild pancreatitis.  The amylase levels went down too.  For the past month since then I have felt sick, been sick a couple of times and lost a whole stone in weight.  Eating has been impossible.  I lived on Lucozade and thought my time had come. Exhausted. Today I found out why, thanks to a scan.  Spectacular constipation and  bowel obstruction.  You may not have the bowel obstruction (I am prone to these) but a mild attack could well cause constipation and believe me it can make you feel dreadful.  If you have noticed a change in bowel habit it could be your problem and may stop you from feeling better.  Just a thought!

• Posted

my name is Dawit. I appreciate your conversation and need to share my own experience last 8 months, please understand and be sorry for my broken English. I was operated on gallbladder and had pain in my abdomen for like 7 months when I saw the doctor he ordered a ct scan and blood tests also MRI scan and the doctor said it is necrotizing pancreatitis he give me some pain killers and advanced me low-fat food I do what is advised me but have still a pain in abdominal yesterday I went to the hospital with my blood pressure tablet that is Amilodipin which I have pain when exactly I took it and he changed another one so what I won't ask

anyone who has the same problem, please advise me more. thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.