I am taking Co-Dydramol because I have been suffering fr...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am taking Co-Dydramol because I have been suffering from a lot of tension headaches. These tablets are causing more headaches rather than getting rid of the pain.:headhurts:

[i:7f9dd6111b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:7f9dd6111b]

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

[color=darkblue:025c06acd8][/color:025c06acd8]I have read that one of the side affects of Co-dydramol is headaches so can't understand why you have been given them for headaches! sad

I have resently been taking them to help me with pain relief as I fractured my sacrum 7 years ago and displaced the S1 disc. This has led to nerve damage in my left leg and foot. The tablets help me sleep at night when I take them with amitriptyline although it makes me feel tired in the mornings and when I wake up I am in a lot of pain. I can't take them during the day as they make me feel sick. I take diclofenic during the day.

• Posted

Hi, The reason the codydramol gives you a headache is that contiunual use of Paracetamol, which is mixed in with Dihydrocodeine, does produce headaches it's basically from overuse. You would benefit, probably, from just the Dihydrocodeine.

Ref: the guest you would be best to consult your doctor and explain your problem mixing that type of pain reliever with Amitriptyline; theres a lot better Analgesics that you could take during the day. Give it a shot you've got nothing to loose.

• Posted

smile

Hello

I have been taking Dihydocodeine (Remedeine FortE) for over 14 years now on 3 tablets 500/30 during the night only. This is for knee pain caused by arthritis which intterupted sleeping.

I have never had a headache in 14years so in my experience the drug does not cause headaches in fact other than constipation which is easily over come, there have been no side effects, contary to Tylex which was given in the first place and gave me severe side effects also just Codeine causes simular side effects, I also have a severe side effect from Metformin.

I often wonder why this should be so!

Mike (now 74)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.