I am taking the POP Cerazette this is my first month, st...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am taking the POP Cerazette this is my first month, started taking it on the day of my period came into full swing. after my 6 day period i started spotting a week later for again 4-5 days very light before it ceased...1 week after that i am waiting for my normal period and started spotting the day i was due but only very lightly red and 1 day very dark almost black blood. This lasted 3 days and ceased. This is not a normal period for me although it started on the day i was due ( before the pill i was on no controception appart from the norm condoms and had regular periods)Now i am worried i could be pregnant...is this normal for taking the pill..should i get a pregnacy test? or wait to see how my next month goes?.:headhurts:

cheers for any advice or reasurance you may be able to offer me

[i:fbd9123cb9]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:fbd9123cb9]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I dont know if it's any reassurance but I have been on Cerazzette for almost two months and I am bleeding more days than non bleeding. Took it for the firts time at the start of my period, after that finished, got some spotting for 3-4 days in the middle of the cycle, then got my next period that seemed lighter than usual but lasted 8-9 days! After a week, I now seem to be having a full blown period again. It kind of defeats the purpose I find because obviously with all this bleeding last thing I want to do is have sex. I am thinking of sticking with it though for a couple more months to see if things settle down as I am pretty sure thats what the GP would recommend. As for mood swings, yep I can say they are a bit worse but then agian who can monitor where their mood swings come from? I am rather worried but symptoms from this pill seem to be extremely varied so I guess its probably normal. I have never taken any other contraceptive pill before to know the difference.
  • Posted

im really worried after reading the comments about this pill, i too have had spotting (only been on it 1 month) i also have noticed my skin is looking worse, but had brushed this off as a coincidence. ive never had spotting with any of the other pills ive been on but they have all been the combined pill. as for the mood swings i can't say i feel any different, all this trouble we women have to go to is so irritating!
  • Posted

I am actually very happy with this pill.

I used to have a lot of headaches and was told by my doctor that my former pill (microginon if I spell it correctly) might have been the cause as it has oestrogen in it.

My skin still has some spots but less than before because I don't have my periods anymore so my hormons are more stable now.

And no weight gain and actually no more headaches after taking the other pill for more then 10 years.

It did take about 3 months to really notice the difference though.

• Posted

hey I've started this pill 7 days ago. I came on the night before I only usually bleed for 5 days I'm now in day 7. its not like red blood it's dark blood? the doctor did say I will get spotting. it's not full on only when I wipe or a little on a pad. my mood swings it's like Iv balanced out so much more relaxed. never been on a POP before so it's all new to me xx so even though I've been on a little longer I've chilled out a lot xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.