I am terrified that my breasts will grow

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just joined so apologies if this has been discussed before.  I have been taking Premarin for a week now.  I mentioned it to a colleague last night ans she told me that she has been on HRT for 2 months now and is very pleased with the increase in her breast size.

I was horrified!  I had a breast reduction in my early 30s, after having suffered with large, heavy breasts for over a decade.

They have enlarged slightly over the past couple of years (probably due to getting older and gaining about a stone).

I can't bear the thought that they will get any bigger - I hated them when I had them before.

Does HRT make everyone's breasts grow - or is it an individual thing?  I am going to measure them now and keep a record, in case I need to discuss with my GP.

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Why Premarin...I think Estraderm MX is a better option and if you still want it in a pill form that would be Progynova. Premarin is made with horse estrogens, I don't think that they make sense for the human body...having said that, I'm not an endocrinologist. As per breast size, if it grows, just reduce the estrogen dose, but I doubt with Estraderm this would occur smile
  • Posted

Hello nancy. I take Hormonin that like Premarin is according to my GP manufactured from a hormone in the urine of horses. I've been on it now since 1991 and don't even think about that!!! Hormonin didn't increase the size of my breasts so there's no reason to suggest Premarin will. However your GP would always change it if you weren't happy I'm sure.
  • Posted

Hi well been on climaval now for over 6 months and as i said before the weight increased to about another stone over four weeks after start. I have always been 9 stone 5ft 6 and 32/sometimes 34c. Now i am just under 10 stone and my breats are 34 dd and sometimes even bigger, my stomach groes and swells to about 36 inches and i feel bloated and miserable all the bloody time. My belly used to be a comfy 26/28 inches. I feel like a wobbly sodding whale. I have diareah constanlty and constipation. Andominal pains daily and like today my stomach has within the last few hours swelled again to massive proportions after taking the tablet at around mid day. I feel spaced out, i look awful my face has swelled and I feel to be honest so very poorly depressed and miserable. I used to take citalopram for depression but the hot sweats got the better of me so now i am on this HRT treatment. I am going back to my doctors, the depression has really kicked in Big time now, I am snapping and emotional all the time recenlty and even considered ending my marriage I am that that low. Bloated is a fraction of how i feel now all the time. I am shutting myself off from people and just want to hide. I feel i want to just go to empty my bowels all the time but no luck just a massive swollen disgusting fat sotmach and aching sensitive balloons. I hate it all. I had an hysterrectomy at 40 left with one ovary and now just turned 50 last year. This is hell. Anyone else going though this sad state of affairs?. I feel I am cracking up and I see it in my eyes and in my mind how miserable i have become. Don't know waht to do. I just can't believe how big and flabbly i have become. I have a cleaning job and work hard for a solid 3/4 hours every morning and then walk my dogs 2/3 miles a day but the weight just keeps coming. This is crap
  • Posted

Nancy check out my points about HRT it may enlighten you or worry you. My story to date. 
  • Posted

Thanks to all who replied.  I will keep a record of any changes - including those which are non-breast related.

• Posted

Hi Nancy

I really cant say that HRT will not increase the size of your breasts, as it hasn;t mine but I was always very small in that department, but I feel the benefits you will get will outweigh the worries you have. Perhaps if others have noticed an increase in sise of theirs they could also offer advice. I had my own problems with Doctors trying to take me off, BUT I am determined to stay on HRT, thanks to the advice here..... till I fall off my perch  biggrinGood luck though & welcome from another newbie who was offfered excellent advice here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.