I am tired and depressed, various symptoms and all test negative

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 45yrs old and about 10 months ago had protected sex with someone I just met after drinking with friends that I was visiting. During the act the condom broke just as i was about to come and I came inside her. We were both apprehensive as she thought she could get pregnant and I was scared of contacting any STI cause I am married with kids but she assured me that she was clean and I let her know she couldn't get pregnant cos I had done a vesactomy.

I woke up the  following morning feeling pain in my Penis which I still feel till date and its been the worst 10 months of my entire life.

So I went to my doctor and asked for an std test including HIV  on my return home and Everything came back negative including the hiv test. However I don't know what would be causing my symptoms. My symptoms are :

First 3 Months:

1. burning sensation in Penis with no discharge

2. Tingling all over body

3. crawing sensation all over body

Did first test after 30days and all came back negative, repeated test after 90days and on 8th month and everything has come back negative. My doctor thinks is all in my head. 

4th Month:

1.  burning sensation in Penis with no discharge

2. Tingling all over body

3. Sore throat which is now in its 6th month

4. Skin feeling wet all the time

5. Very dry skin

6. pain in lower legs

7. General weekness

8. Weight loss

However the person that possibly could have infected me has also done all the regular std test including HIV and all came back negative. My biggest worry now is the sore throat that has redused to go for over 6months and have I been given diff antibiotics. I was prescribe Cipro the last time and that worked while I was on the med for 10days and the pain came back immediately I finished the dosage. 

A swab has been taken, I have done MRI and also just did a prostrate test and all came back good. My doctors seems to think its Anxiety/depression but I know how I feel.

The whole issue is almost causing me my job and family as I can't concentrate at work or anything, I now also get pains after crawing sensention in my penis after sex. I am sitting down at work right now and my penis just starting moving itself within my boxers.

I have now been referred to a Urologist and appointment booked for April but I am dying gradually and need help urgently. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If you and the person you had sex with have both been tested for STIs with negative results, then I don't see how your symptoms can be related to the sex, unless it's as a result of guilt or anxiety.  Maybe there's something else going on that would have happened even if you hadn't had sex, but your doctor may be right that it's a psychological issue rather than any kind of infection.

If the doctors settle on a diagnosis, please let us know, but I'm not sure the urologist will be able to help.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

Thanks for your response and encouragement,  will definitely keep you informed after seeing the Urologist.
    • Posted

Don't worry it's nothing to worry. Most of yhe penis issue like this are anxiety only. Keep your mind busy on something else, that will change.

All the best and keep posted

• Posted

Hands down anxiety and depression

Tingling burning

Aches pains

Tiredness

Weight loss

They all add up to anxiety and these definitely come when you have health anxiety

When I was worried constantly about contracting hiv I panicked so much that I convinced myself I had MS because of the anxiety symptoms (exactly the same as ms)

Your results are negative

You are negative

I had to drill you though because you probably know you're wrong but what's wrong with you man you have a wife and kids at home why would you do that to them?

Do you not feel guilty

You're safe from stis now but I hope she finds out and leaves you

• Posted

Thanks for your response and comments, I guess I have learnt my lessons the hard way. 

Will keep you informed on any new developments.

• Posted

Just leaving the partner is not easy for both sides. Lot of responsibilities especially when you have kids you need to think a lot as their life also suffers.
  • Posted

Its good to always be responsible. From your narration your doctor might be saying the truth that the pains and discomforts are from stress. Get yourself busy with work and other things, you will be fine. On Sore throat may be you got it it the process thus if you were kissing as  pharyngitis (viral and bacterial) is contagious and can be transmitted from one person to another. Usually, mucus, nasal discharge and saliva can contain the viruses   or bacteria that can cause sore throat. Hopefully you will be ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.