I am tired of this.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had PR for 5 months now and I am not sure it will ever go away. The first doctor didn't know what it was, but said not to worry, that was at 1 month along, the 2nd doctor knew what it was and said it would go away on its own, that was at 4 months. Now at 5 months and still going strong, I am thinking I am not the normal case. Will this ever go away? What can I do? Strange thing though, 2 of my sisters have it too right now and 1 lives really far away. We all have the mother patch in the same place too. I believe this is my 2nd time having it, the first time it emedietly went away after I went to the acupuncturist, for a different reason, I don't think that would work again, because it is so wide spread this time. Sigh, any thoughts?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rebecca,

I feel your pain - I have had it for 8 months now and it is currently worse than ever. It is so frustrating when DRs give you same spiel that "it will go away by itself in 6-12 weeks" clearly ignoring the fact that that is not the case with everybody.

I fell pregnant after I first got PR and the pregnancy hormones made it worse. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage and soon afterwards the PR almost entirely cleared up. I then fell pregnant again (6 months now) and the PR went crazy again - again due to the hormones I think. I can't use any steroids, clinical head and shoulders etc now so have just got used to living with the rash and praying for a healthy birth and thinking the PR will probably clear up after baby is born. Drs really aren't interested in the UK and it has taken me 8 months of persistence to finally get a referral to a dermatologist but they have a 3 month waiting list by which time I'll have had this for a year!!

Good luck, I would try and get a referral to a dermatologist as at least they should be more knowledgeable about treatment of severe cases. If there was a private derm near me I would happily pay but only NHS ones unless I want to travel hundreds of miles which I don't whilstboregnantcso will just have to be patient (again!) xx

• Posted

Sorry should say "Don't want to travel that far while pregnant" lol
  • Posted

Hi Rebecca,

I am suffering from this for more than 10 days now. My stomach and hands seem to be effected the most. I visited a Dermatologist and he prescribed me-1) Vitamin A to Z 2)Momate XL Cream 3) Aloevera soap 4)Aloevera Cream. I have been following this regime since 3 days and the marks on my hands have faded a bit but my stomach still continues to be red. I will be trying oatmeal bath in a week if this doesnt help.

I.was wondering if one can consume Alcohol in this situation as 31st is nearby and i am so frustrated out from pi rosea. ?

• Posted

Hi I had it for 4 months . The dermatologist knew at once what it was (the signature chrismas tree like lesions down the back i.e on either side of the spine and the lesions are elongated and pointing downwards ..the back looks like a christmas tree ) He prescribed chlobetasol (spelling?) a presrciripon cortisone cream which i was supposed to put on individual lesions (all differnt sizes and shapes) but in the end I smothered my skin with it 2x a day ..also at same time i presrcibed predisone for swollen wrists and knuckles due to Sjogrens...so maybe a double whammy of cortico steroids?  Anway  all the lesions went leaving me with a darker skin esp on my back .  I had been covered with lesions from my neck downwards ...including my palms, legs, chest area inclding nipples....all disgusting to look at....the lesions started to scab and I started to pull them off...like snake skin ..all very gross.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.