i am too scared to do anything

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi there i am wondering if anyone has these feelings i am n mirtizapine and am feeling very hopeless afraid to speak to anyone or go anywhere...dont know what to do i just avoiding people and cant even leave my room  ,

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lesley

I'm sorry you feel like that. I have no experience with the medication you take, but mine (citalopram) has definitely made my anxiety worse.

Yesterday I went to meet with a friend for lunch. J left early to do a bit of shopping before. But I was so anxious and scared of people I felt tense and shakey. I was praying not to bump into anyone I know and when I spotted a neighbour I hid in a shoe shop. Pathetic.

But I keep telling myself and I'm telling you - it's the depression that makes us so awkward, weird and fearful. It is not you - it's that awful illness. And it will get better. Give yourself time. Reach out to your friends and family. Small steps.

All in all I had a nice time with my friend - but the anciety hasn't left me for a single moment. But it was good to open up to someone. And feel safe in a company of another person.

Here to chat if you need someone to listen x

• Posted

thank you for your kind works feels like i am going mad i cant seem to function normally and am really scared not like me at all...small steps i will try but seems to be getting worse not better....ihave no family but very kind friends am even too scared to talk to them shaking as i type but thank you for chatting to me...really appreciate it  xx
    • Posted

finding it hard to get dressed and putting everything off then scared as i will have to face it tomorrow...ahhh madness...will try though now thanks to you x
  • Posted

Hi Lesley, I have been on mirtazapine (45mg) for years and they are the only anti-depressant that I've taken which hasn't had any side effects. I have taken lots of others and they all made me feel like I was on another planet. I don't know how long you have been on them but they do take a few weeks to take effect. Are these the first anti-depressant you've taken and if so mention how you feel to your doctor and he may try you on something else.
    • Posted

hi June thanks for your response..ive been taking them for about about 6 weeks now went from 15mg to 30mg so guess they should be working by now..maybe they are not for me as never felt like this before in my life!!...i was on citrapolan (cant spell) prior and went straight on the mirtizapine as crashed badly..think going back to doctor will help as really need to chat about how i feel...take care and thank you so much 
  • Posted

I just want to let you both know that you are not alone.  Just a couple of months ago I was verging on agoraphobia.  I self-medicated just to get myself to the shops and it was the reason for resiging from my job of thirteen years.  I've been a medication just over a month now and I find it is helping a lot.  I'm forcing myself to go out more and more and am not experiencing that horrible flight or fight feeling so much anymore.  

I know it doesn't seem rational but the feeling is very real and those who have never experienced it just don't understand how crippling it can be.

• Posted

hi Skybeth yes i agree i am borderline agraphopic right now i cant seem to get out of my pyjamas i feel safe in them and have spend days under my blanket as it is the only place i feel safe...bizarre i cant stand much more of it my life just feels like one long horrible day...i wake up thinking i am going to beat it and then it wins again and i just get under the blanket where i feel safe...summer is coming and i really need to get out dont want to spend summer under a blanket just hard to explain to people who have never experienced it  as you said...thanks for your reply will try and get dressed now...
    • Posted

Hi Lesley how are you getting on today? I know how you feel. I'm also shutting out the world and feel safe in my bed. I don't want to see my friends anymore or go out. Listen to yourself and don't force yourself to go out. I forced myself to go out last night and I ended up in tears in public which was embarrassing. I find getting up and out the hardest part of the day. I only do things I have to do. I'm still managing to go to work but I hate it and feel tearful on the way to work everyday. If I could stay in bed everyday I would. I really hope that our state if mind will change and slowly we will be able to reclaim our lives again. Maybe you are on the wrong med. Wish I had better advice for you. At least you know others also feel the same way. Do your friends come and visit you? Sending you strength and positivity.
    • Posted

Hi Dolphin...thanks for your kind message agreed its just awful not having out old life and yes hopefully it will return for both of us quickly its mad you cut yourself off from everybody and only feel safe in bed whats that about??!!  madness...well done for holding a job down though thats more than i could do at the moment..i wish you well and sending positive back to you  xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.