I am trying to make mirtazapine solution. Plzz help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Guy right now I am taking 0.4-0.5 mg( cutting the 7.5 mg tab into tiny piec) Every there data. The good thing is when I now take around 1 mg I also better. So I want to increase my dose to 0.9 mg daily. And I want to make the dose exactly 0.9mg daily.

Please correct me if I m wrong while magic liquid solution. Please refer to below steps

1 - crush 7.5 mg tablets.

2 - Fill the syringe with 80 ml, water.

3- open the syringe and mix 7.5 mg mirt

4 - now keep pouring 10 ml of liquid from syringe everyday

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

** the good thing is that I sleep better on 1 mg.
  • Posted

Rish hi, just be aware that making a liquid is great, just bear in mind that the liquid will be losing its potency after 4 days (kept in fridge), otherwise.

I would use equal amounts - 7.5 ML+ 7.5 MG for your storage jar.  Then draw up whatever dose you need, so using a 1 ml syringe, if you require 0.9 mg draw up 0.9 ml.  Keep in fridge.

Once you get to 0.8 mg, if you want to save on the tablets, use a pill cutter to chop the 7.5 mg pill in half to 3.5 MG, and mix with 3.5 ML.  So use this for 4 days and you should have a little drop left to throw away.

Hope this helps.  

• Posted

Thanks Calmer. How did you get the information regarding 4 days?
    • Posted

Hi Rish

Gosh it's been 4 days rule for a long time. I think it came from Surviving Antidepressents web site.

• Posted

Ok thanks. Just wanted to be sure with this 4 days thing. I hope I ll get my sleep back again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.