I am unable to confide in anyone re my depression

Posted , 10 users are following.

I do not have anyone to confide as I haven't any friends close enough to understand or be sympathetic. Any advice please?

2 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

God bless you Veronica. People who have been through similar experiences will always be more empathetic and understanding. Depression is so misunderstood by the majority and can make you feel unable to share your feelings. You are in a good place here amongst people who understand, I hope you find some words of comfort. Best wishes.

Danny

• Posted

Thank you, yes, I agree, that is why I haven't told anyone as I know they wouldn't understand. I don't understand why I feel like this so why would they. People would be sympathetic for a little while but then they have their own lives to lead. I am due to see the doctor in 2 weeks and am going to ask to be put on a higher dose. By the way, are you a Christian? God Bless.
  • Posted

Well done for seeking help. You are doing all that you can and time will take care of the rest. Yes I have Christian values but I'm not what you would call a believer in the way the story is told. I have my own beliefs which work well for me and I do believe that there is a higher power. Sorry for the I depth answer but this subject fascinates me. 

God bless you means the same universally in my book. Keep up the faith and things will work out for you. Best wishes

Danny

• Posted

Thank you Danny,

The comments and advice on here strike me as being very kind, useful and uplifting. It is great that people who have depression and are finding things hard can be so articulate and sound so 'normal' whatever that is !! people still have empathy for others and are understanding. Just goes to show us how resiliant we can be even though we are under real strain. I understand your feelings too re faith. Thank you for sharing. All the best to you too and God bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.