I am very glad to see i am not alone. i first had SVT at...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am very glad to see i am not alone. i first had SVT at age 12, that time it stopped in few minutes, now i am 40, i get attacks very often. am taking verappamil, but have now been advised calaptin. as soon as i get the attack i rush to the A&E am given adenosine. I have been advised ablation, but i am afraid of the after affects of pace maker if unsuccessful. i also have WPW syndrome. You are right my attacks come on at the slightest thing, bending over can set them off or if i am tooo happy or toooo sad even if weather is too cold and i am not covered well. am really fedup cannot lead a normal life.

[i:8f5dedfc8d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8f5dedfc8d]

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi am jason im 39 and at 36  i found out i had wpw i let it go for a year didnt know what it was and thought it would go away.but same with me bending over to tie my shoe i got an attack,i lost my breath got light headed..and it felt like my heart was fluttering real fast almost like it was stuck.so i would cough real hard and it would put my heart back to beating but it was beating so fast and then i would be find it would last for a few seconds,but what made me go to the hospital was one day it lasted for like 5 minutes...they gave me an ekg it came up lbbb..so they didnt know...but finally figured it out i had the ablation they said my heart was going 281 beats a min...i feel good now its been3 years but i still get little flutters here and there its weird i get them now when im relaxing its real fast it makes me want to cough and its gone...but i can do anything now im a union concrete guy and im good so i think you can be good too...god bless
    • Posted

Thank you for that I will try that... What I have found that works too is as soon as I feel it I cough as hard as I can and it goes away..give it a try..god bless
  • Posted

I as you have had  thus since a young age I'm now 64 ,I decieded not take any drugs 

because there's no guarantee that they will work and now through this web site it confirms my opinion ,if you take the drugs or not we still have attacks  , we , I believe we have an electrical short in our systems ,and very few doctors that specialize in what wrongs us to best of my knowledge the best advice that I can give you is one that I found through this web site and extremely gratefull. To have received it is to lay I your right side go intoa fetal position tuck your chin towards your stomic and bear down as if your to have a bm this has worked for me it stops attacks in minutes no need to go the ER I hope it works for you 

• Posted

I have the same thing and have gone into Tachycardia and had my heart restarted twice. While I was in ICU they tried every kind of med to bring it down and it didn't work. I had the ablation almost a year ago and it made things worse . I get up and walk a few steps and my heart rate goes to 130 or 140. Not a pleasant life to live. Im on a heart monitor for a month and go back to see a new EP sugeon. The last week Ive had chest pains so I will see what's next. I hope things get better for you. This is a terrible way to live.
    • Posted

Wow.. I pray for u.. they never gave me meds...I had the ablation.. And it worked..I can go to work now I still get flutter here and now and its weird.. I get it when I'm laying down now relaxing..maybe u should see another doctor.. Maybe they didn't get it all or you might have another one some people grow two pathways.. You are right it is a terrible way to live..
  • Posted

Thank you. Yes I am now seeing a new EP surgeon which I am very happy with. Sometimes when they burn and zap the extra pathway it causes inflammation and once that goes away the pathway can open a bit or other problems can occur. What ever I have to do to live a normal life I will do but the last time I was out of work for 5 weeks after the ablation and my job wasn't too happy. This time I know what to expect. Im 43 and want a long normal life. I wish us all well.
  • Posted

Hii there,

I've been living with PSVT for the last 12+ years. This forum gave me really great ideas and techniques to get rid of this problem.

Currently I'm takig Calaptine120 SR tablet dily in the morning. But when I become irrigular in taking my medicines, it starts occuring. It's a discomform. I want to know the best technique or the immediate remeady if any.. Please help me guys.. I am 43 yrs and I want to lead a normal life. Will Ablation the last option?

• Posted

I would get the ablation.. You been living that way too long..I feel great after mine..I know that its scary but when you get so sick and tired living that way you just do it..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.