I am worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

My father had TURP on December 17. After biopsy we came to know that he had adenocarcinoma with Gleason score 2+4 . After bone scan came to know he had bone mets also.

Doctor prescribed

Zoladex for January and February

Zometa every month

Casodex daily

In April 2018 PSA was 0.978

I his last meeting with doctor said as long as the PSA is controlled news is good but you should not hope for long . Stage 4 patient live bonus life be clear

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would research all those meds. Have the Dr explain why and what each step of treatment goals are. Seek second opinions
    • Posted

He said casodex is being used for hormone therapy to delay the growth of tumor cell and zometa is being used to protect bone against decay.

How much life expectancy of such patients???

• Posted

I don't have any idea. That might be a subject to bring up to the medical team. The response will most likely indicate what the percentage of men will live 3 or 5 or 10 or 15 years out based on history of the progression of the disease and similar treatment. (I think). But remember EVERY INDIVIDUAL IS DIFFERENT. EVERY 'CASE' IS DIFFERENT.

Another consideration is quality of life. What are the short-term AND long term effects of the treatment. How old is your father? What is his general health?

Most importantly what will he want?

• Posted

Hi, before putting Dad on Zometa, was xGeva discussed? I understand it is more effective and I am on it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.