I am worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have pain in my knees. Started with heel pain. Now both heel and knee pain. I now feel pain here and there,like elbows, back pain sometimes wrist and fingers. I was advised to take an MRI.So I havetaken my right leg MRI. It shows, severe thinning of knee cartilage.bI am referred to an orthopedic.

Is there a way I can cure my knee without surgery? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann. I have been getting shots of hyaluronic acid yearly in my knees and it is pure magic. It puts the padding back where the cartllage is worn away. Ask your ortho. I was told over 10 years ago that I should have a knee replacement, and this has kept me walking and pain free. Also, you can relieve all of your pain a lot by taking something for the inflammation like Turmeric. Hop0e this helps.
    • Posted

Judy, you have poured some courage into my worried soul. Thank you so much . I hope the Orthodox does the same. Please pray for me Judy.

God bless you

• Posted

Hi Judy, thank you . I went to the orthopedic doctor today. I have to see him after 1 month.

He took out the fluid from my knees and gave an injection (steroid) . He prescribed these medicines for me.

1. celebrex 2. Ultracet 3. Artrodar 4. Uniren spray 5. Viartril-S .

My knees hurt Judy. I am happy that you are a good prayer!

Well Judy, you told me about the turmeric capsules. But I don't how good they are. The doctor asked me to reduce weight too. I am 67 now. Thinking of taking turmeric tea. I will try that maybe.

Thanks Judy

• Posted

Sweet Ann, I will gladly pray for you and I am a good prayer! lol It sounds like you have a lot of inflammation which really is painful. Have you tried turmeric? If you can get the inflammation down, you can relieve a lot of pain and heal better. Look up turmeric capsules with a high content of curcumin. If you have a local health food store, they could probably guide you to the best one. It will make so much difference. Hugs
    • Posted

How much time metric do you take?  Been taking one capsule with little change. Should I take more?
    • Posted

I sent you a response, but it is being moderated! Talk to your local health food store. Sorry I am not being allowed to be of more help.
  • Posted

Here is what I found when I researched it...If you want anti-inflammatory effects you need to get 500 to 1,000 milligrams of curcuminoids per day.” You need to look at the amount of curcumin and make sure it has a high content along with black pepper so it works well. I take 3 huge swallows of the fermented twice a day...much more than they say to take, but it really helps me. I know that too much can upset the stomach, and you should never take it if you are on blood thinners or coming up on having a surgery. If you have a really good health food store, they can probably advise. There is also a really good help line through Swanson where you can order online.

• Posted

Oh thank you so much Judy. Ok,do the capsules come mixed with pepper?

What is the name of it? I live in Thailand.

I appreciate your kind approach sister. God bless you abundantly.

• Posted

It is just Turmeric, and when you read the ingredients, look for a high content of curcumin as that is what helps with inflammation. It should also show some pepper or pepperine. Blessings back your way sister.
  • Posted

Hi Ann

you mention pain in lots of places including wrist and fingers. Have you considered the possibility it's Rheumatoid arthritis instead of osteo arthritis? You d need a referral to a rheumatologist to find out, but you have exactly the  symptoms I had. I say 'had' because immune suppressant drugs have worked for me with regard to this auto immune disease.  Hope you find some help

• Posted

What drugs are you taking?  I’m in the same boat and need relief. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.