I am worried about being reassessed for PIP from indefinite mobility component of DLA

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi

I currently recieve the higher rate of the mobility component of DLA due to having Osteoarthritis in my left knee and I am worried about losing my motability car when I get reassessed for PIP.I suffer with severe pain when walking and on occasions it is so bad that I cannot walk at all. I also suffer with sciatica on my right side due to over compensating for my left knee.

Has anyone with a similar condition been sucessful with their claim for enhanced rate mobility?

Kind regards

John

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello john 

i felt I had to reply to you, I too was on indefinite high rate. But they've sent me a pip to fill out , I had to give up work and take early illness retirement a year ago , I have fybromyagia ive had it for around 20 years and it's not getting better it's gotten worse , I also have osteoarthritis in both hands and feet  bowel and bladder conditions and suffer from horrendous migraines   And too boot I've now been told I have a hiatus hernia to contend with I've also suffered with bouts of depression sleeplessness and totally being unable to function really . I'm on Butec transdermal patches for pain a number of different medications for other ailments, 

and in reply to you and what you've said I'm absolutely stressed to death over whether I will get pip indefinitely again , I can definitely say I am worrying myself silly , I have sent the form back to DLA ....and they sent me a text saying you may have to see a health professional I was awarded DLA indefinite in 2013 and I'm just worried sick really 

I find coping with my conditions extremely hard and dibilatating everyday I don't know how I would cope without DLA

i think I'm just sounding off and needed someone who understands 

thankyou for your time 

Robin

• Posted

Hi,

Hopefully you sent evidence to support your PIP claim? Please don't leave it to them to gather this evidence because very often this doesn't happen. It has been known but it's very rare. There's no such thing as an indefinate PIP award, i'm afraid. Most awards are 2/3 or 5 years, with very few given maxium 10 years. If you are successful and get an award DWP will review this 1 year before the award ends. So if you're awarded to 2020 you'll be contacted in 2019 for a review. Most have a face to face assessment so be prepared for this too, do as mych research as you can because you'll need it. Be honest, truthful and when asked questions DON'T just answer with a yes or no. If you can't do something tell them why you can't do it. Explain in as much detail as you possibly can.

I have fybro as well as many other conditions. I claim PIP and i'm in Support Group for ESA. The PIP process isn't easy but it's not as bad as many make out. Remember we only ever hear the bad stories and never the good ones. Good luck.

• Posted

Thankyou Denise and hello

i too get esa and part of the support group , 

it's taking its toll on me to be honest .

Kind regards 

• Posted

Yes it does with most people. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

• Edited

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that I am really grateful for your comments after my original post 4 years ago. The dreaded brown envelope arrived in September and went for the assessment in December and received their decision 2 weeks ago. I was awarded enhanced rate mobility and low rate care.

Thanks again, John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.