I am worried that one of my scars from surgery hasn't healed well enough

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed in early June. I have had no health problems since recovering from the surgery. I am a bit concerned about one of the scars I have from the surgery. I am worried that it hasn't healed as well as the other scars. The other scars are fading but this one is still quite red with a layer of white scar tissue on it. It's the uppermost incision on my abdomen. Here is a close up picture of it. The quality isn't great but hopefully it will suffice. Does it look normal? Is there anything I can do to make it less visible?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Looks pretty much as I'd expect. I'd avoid wearing anything tight that touches it though.

• Posted

There are poducts used to lessen the appearance of scar tissue that you can purchase at pharmacies--I suggest you look for them on the web.
  • Posted

Hi, it looks fine to be honest from what I can tell from the pic. The one in the centre of my ribs didn't heal as well as the others and its got a bump at one end and is more noticeable but it'll fade in time. The 2 small incisions I can hardly see now, oh I had my op in March and the belly button incision healed better on one side than the other. Mine did itch on and off for a while afterwards and I didn't wear anything tight over the incisions as I couldn't bear anything touching them while they were healing.

If it really worries you then go and see a nurse at your surgery as we can't see it close up but it looks fine for the duration that you've had it done.

Take care xx

• Posted

It takes time I have very much the same I believe if it flares up with puse then it's doctors. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.