I anything being done about these assessors lying??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Morning everyone and what a lovely sunny day it is going to be!!

But for most of us on here or those who have just received notice to say NO PIP awarded to taken away are going to waste the day and other days worrying or upset with the decision.

Denise you are simply just great giving everyone advise and helping everyone, but what i want to ask is that, has or is anything being done about all the lies the assessors are making? is it right for non medical trained people to decide our outcome of PIP? 

I did see somewhere that they are looking into this but I am sure if anyone knows then our Denise will.

The money they pay out for these assessors and then for tribunals surely they should be looking at asking our own professionals what we can and cant do?

I for one am suffering badly with my anxiety and depression just waiting for the outcome of my MR and knowing I will most probably have to go to tribunal.

With people committing suicide or trying to take their own lives because they cant afford to live having PIP taken away or just because they feel they cant live surrey something has to be done.

Sorry for the rambling on but I would love to know if something is happening.

Thank you and thank you Denise for all your help, you are a star!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hayley, thanks,

Yes indeed what a beautiful day it is! I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!

In all honesty, i've not heard anything. The only thing people can do is to continue to complain because the more that complain eventually they may do something. Until then those of you out there that have and are having lies told in their reports will have to wait and continue to fight for what you're entitled to.

I will say though and i've said this a million times and i know some on here will agree with me here. We only ever read the bad stories, yes there's lots of them but there's also lots of people that have been awarded successfully without MR/Tribunal, we just never hear of their story. If they have an award they're happy with they have no questions to ask, therefore we don't hear of them. I wish people would post their positive stories to give hope to those that are applying for the first time or going through a review.

HCP don't have to be trained in any particular health profession, they are train or supposed to be trained in multiple areas. Some have more knowledge than others but also some have no idea.

Another thing to remember is that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily. If 2 people applied and both had mental health issues then they will most likely be affected in completely different ways. What might affect one, might not affect another person. Which means they symptoms of someone that is diagnosed with something are really relevant. Which is why internet print outs aren't classed as evidence.

You say you're waiting for your MR decision. Is this a first claim, DLA transfer, or a PIP review? Did you send in evidence to support your claim?

I'm sorry i don't have much advice on your questions but for those of you out there, keep complaining and one day you just never know what might happen. xx

• Posted

Hi Denise,

I was given enhanced daily and enhanced mobility 4 years ago, then early last year they took away my enhanced mobility and lowered it to standard, so lost car, and gave me enhanced daily, then in November i told them about another medical problem and they sent me for another assessment, i was then awarded nothing for mobility and standard daily, even though my condition has worsened.

I have sent off my MR and just waiting to hear back from them.

Today i received the assessors report, i wish i hadn't in some way as the lies on there are disgusting, she has made me look like i am a liar and that i am not bad at all because i was able to get up from the couch, i was able to tell her my medication and i was looking fresh and clean and dressed casually. she has also put down that i am on moderate medication for pain, I am on Bupernorphine, Naproxen, amitryptlin and ibruprohine and paracetamol, not forgetting my 4 tablets a day for high blood pressure, 2 lots of different anti depressants and anxiety tablets and insulin

i think when i go to tribunal i will not take any medication for 2 days and then they can see the real me.

Fuming isn't the word!!!

• Posted

@hayleyclaire  I am sorry to read your post, have you thought about writing to your MP.

Good Luck,

MaryLip

• Posted

@hayleyclaire  I am sorry to read your post, have you thought about writing to your MP?

Good Luck,

MaryLip

• Posted

I am going to see how the MR turns out, if it stays the same or worse is taken away completely then yes i will go to tribunal and probably will go to the MP, this has to stop all the lies they write, something needs to be done, not that one letter from me will do anything.

Thank you for your good luck xx

• Posted

Hi haleyclaire

I have have been in contact with my MP over the last two years of fighting first War Veterans Mobility and over the last year with PIP.  I have requested a copy of the report the Government requested in to the goings on with ASOS and the other companies carrying out these assessments.  I wanted to see a copy of the report as my husband had been a victim of their lying and their 'copy and paste' technique when answering there questions, some answers therefore, not even relevant to the question. 

Our MPs office said if I wrote a letter of complaint to them they would forward it as evidence to the relevant department investigating these assessment companies that are costing a fortune, for inadequate assessments with untrained staff.  

I will write when we eventually, after our tribunal.

• Posted

The same here, she has just copied and paste the answers on each question and then added a little but from the question, it is awful how they can do this and get away with it
    • Posted

You may well find the copy and paste will happen again for the MR decision, as this very often occurs. Only 20% of MRs are successful. Unfortunately there's no avoiding the MR process. I hope you're one of those 20%. If you do end up taking it to Tribunal then your best chance of success is to appear in person. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you Denise, i very much doubt i will be one of the 20% but you never know, i will go in person but i will not take any medication beforehand then they can see the real scary me!!

One question for you, How do you know so much?

you are very knowledgeable and give great advise to everyone, you deserve an OBE lol x

• Posted

You're welcome.

I really wouldn't advice that you don't take your medication before the Tribunal or any assessment. This is because it will give them a false impression of you. Remember that PIP is about how you are 50% of the time and not about your worst day. Giving them the impression that, that day will be your worst would be wrong.  It would be the same if someone goes to their assessment dressed untidy, with no make if that's not how they usually look. If you get my meaning? Also, they will only be able to take into considertion what you were like during your face 2 face assessment. So if you took your meds on that day then not taking them for the Tribunal really wouldn't help you.

The Tribunal are totally independent of the DWP and the assessors. They will give you chance to speak and listen to what you have to say. 70% of those who appear have a decision in their favour, that's very high. They are very understanding. You do hear sometimes that people haven't had the best Tribunal BUT it's very rare that this happens.

The reason i know so much is because i claim PIP and ESA myself. I done my research before i had my very first assessment for each benefit. Then my knowledge just grew lol I've never worked for DWP and never will. Some people have asked me before if i have but no thank you.

I don't want any awards lol just people coming back to post their good news after all my advice is enough for me. Always happy to help anyone here, whether it's through the forum or private message. Thanks for your kind words. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.