I ate 3-week-old smoked fish; should I be above-average concerned?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I thought I had read that smoked fish was good for three weeks in the fridge. Talking to my mom on the phone, she says that the fish market that sold it to her said no more than 5 days in the fridge. So I look it up, and they're absolutely correct - great. Immediately after eating the fish, I am feeling lightheaded/dizzy/disassociated. These symptoms might be from any of the following reasons: I currently have a cold with congestion; panic; or the isotrentinoin I take, which dries out my sinuses and gives me headaches. Right after I ate the smoked trout, I took a shot of apple cider vinegar with honey (idk, anti-bacterial?) and had a banana (to dilute the amount of bad food in my stomach??). My mind keeps going back to that story of that kid in Belgium who ate the pasta that was at room temp for 5 day and died from food poisoning in his sleep. Should I be that concerned? Or just monitor symptoms and seek medical help if I have any of more extreme signs? I not very nauseous yet, and honestly any slight nausea I'm experiencing could be from the vinegar shot. Hahlp, I'm panicking.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up