I AVE JUST STARTED WITH HTE ZOPICLONE 7.5MG EVERY NIGHT ...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I AVE JUST STARTED WITH HTE ZOPICLONE 7.5MG EVERY NIGHT BUT DONT HAVE TO BE HAVING MUCH LUCK,I REALLY DO NEED SOMTHING TO MAKE ME SLEEP,WHAT SHOULD I DO

[i:513a5e1624]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:513a5e1624]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i would say be careful and don't do what i did. i gradually increased my dose as they seem to become less effective with time (been on them for 3 yrs approx) and now i'm totally hooked. if i'd known they were addictive i don't know whether i'd have started taking them. having said that, when you're desperate for a sleep you'll try just about anything, right? good luck.
  • Posted

[quote:986d62002f=\"J.\"]I AVE JUST STARTED WITH HTE ZOPICLONE 7.5MG EVERY NIGHT BUT DONT HAVE TO BE HAVING MUCH LUCK,I REALLY DO NEED SOMTHING TO MAKE ME SLEEP,WHAT SHOULD I DO

[i:986d62002f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:986d62002f][/quote:986d62002f]Im in the same boat can sleep but not till 4 or 5 in the morning and took these tablets 2hours ago i was expectin them to have kicked in by now and hopped i would get a nights sleep. Doctors dont have a clue! why does it not say how long b4 they should kick in?

• Posted

I was told when I was in hospital. They should work within 20 min. I take 2 x 7.5MG. But they take a lot longer than 20 mins. Sometimes dont work at all.
  • Posted

Hi, I take Zopiclone , I started on 7.5 then the doctor reduced it to 3.75 and it works a treat, in fact ,when I was on the 7.5 it just made me dopey the next day, and I was afraid to drive any distance, but now 10 minutes and Im out for the count.

I dont think this Med is right for you so see your doc again and dont stand for any nonsense, insist on a change until you find the one that works for you. It must be hell for you and the more you worry , the worse it gets, and that is a dangerous amount you are taking, GOOD LUCK

• Posted

I hate sleeping tablets. When I couldn't sleep my doctor gave me a short course of Diazepam made me relax and get into a sleeping pattern again. I am no longer on any medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.