I banged up my knee and don't know if the doctor is my next step.

Posted , 4 users are following.

A few weeks ago I was outside playing basketball. I came down of the rebound, slipped and slammed and scraped my knee on the pavement. soon after it was hard to walk. Let alone run. Fast forward to now it's gotten way better. But the problems were that my knee felt swollen. I could barely get up the stairs of my home. Now my knee hurts but it's more of like the right side of the knee bone and the back of my leg. I cant squat too far down nor run too fast. I can walk now though but it's still not 100%. Sometimes I turn it the wrong way and the pain is excruciating temporarily. So what does this mean? what do I do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The best thing to do is see your doctor.

• Posted

Go to the doctor. there could be a variety of things causing your pain including torn meniscus/ligament/chipped bone/etc.

Go see your doctor to see how to heal.

• Posted

I believe that you need a MRI for the doctor to see what is going one.

• Posted

i would have hone to the ER straight away. If you chipped or broke or tore something, its already healing - perhaps incorrectly. GET to a Physician asap and get an evaluation and plan for recovery Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.