I been having anxiety for about a month now

Posted , 6 users are following.

Are there nerve disorders after having shingles 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Need some advise from somebody who knows about shingles 
  • Posted

Just a thought milton, could it be side effects of any medication you are taking. It happened to me with an anticoagulant.
    • Posted

I’m not on any meds rite now I been lightheaded and off balance for 3 months now after the rash went away 
  • Posted

Had shingles in Apri and May and still feel awful some days...I believe I have the virus still causing me problems off and on...itching and nerve pain where the breakout occurred...ugh,it is bad stuff...hope u feel better soon🌻👍

• Posted

I been lightheaded and off balance every since they went away about 3 months ago. I’m currently getting checked for ms or als. Do shingles usual have an after effect like that 
  • Posted

Like your other replies, it may have something to do with your meds. I took Lyrica but only for the time that I needed. I think Lyrica did mess with my nerves since I get strange mood swings I never had before. 

If the nerve disorder you’re describing is physical, there’s something called Post Herpetic Neuralgia that follows after Shingles in a lot of people. It is typically itching, tingling or, in my case, numbing sensation where the Shingles sores were at. 

Get off strong medications as soon as you can; some pain may be tolerable considering the long-term effects and addiction of some pain medication available today. 

• Posted

I have had similar symptoms and yes you could be having nerve disorders. The Herpes Zoster virus is in the same group of family as the Epstein-Barr virus which causes Mono and other disorders. My doctor told me that Shingles also causes a lot of the same symptoms as mono and it can take more than a couple of months to feel better not to mention Shingles will do a number on your mind. You may just be having extreme anxiety due to the virus itself and also the effects that come with the disruption of your normal life routine that this brings on you. Believe me I have similar symptoms as you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.