i been having these killer head aches 24/7

Posted , 6 users are following.

I been having these really bad head aches And pain in my neck I went to get my throat and ears looked at at everything came back okay and now I have diarrhea and I'm really scared my anxiety is really bad now anyone else going threw this ? This been happening for 3-4weeks now 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

Have you recently started taking medication ? These could be side effects of the medication. If not, these are also all symptoms of anxiety. I've had them before. It's a vicious cycle, you get anxiety because you feel funny but you feel funny because you have anxiety. It's scary but please know anxiety can xause so many physical symptoms which seem scary but are harmless 

• Posted

Hello! Omg the same here with headache and ringing in my ears and feeling like my head is in the buble. I had checked my ears when first started a year ago and nothing . I never had headache in my life but since this anxiety showed up i had to do an mri because of the headaches and nothing, is more like tension headachebecause i fel my neck is tens too. I also get blerry vision mostly in one eye . I checked them too and nothing. So must everything come from anxiety. Take care
  • Posted

Hi Chico,

It certainly sounds like classic anxiety symptoms. You get tense and one of the first issues is a tight neck which leads to tension headaches. These make you feel lousy and you can't relax, so it's a viscious cycle.

If I overstress about something I end up with diarrhea too, Years ago I overstrained my neck and one of the discs "slipped" - it swelled up and put pressure on the surrounding nerves, causing horrendous headaches on the opposite side of my head. This in turn made me feel sick and lousy. I was put on a short course of physio and prescribed Ponstan - an anteinflammatory drug. I then had a weak spot in my neck, so I had regular disc problems which always led to headaches and nausea. But a couple of days on the ante-inflammatory drug and I was right as rain again.

If you are tense or anxious, the first area to suffer is the neck and shoulder muscles, leading to the headaches and head pains. If you possibly can, try some massage or other relaxation techniques. The more anxious you get the more your body will suffer physically. Also, try your neck discs by getting someone to gently, but firmly, press their finger tips into each side of your spine all the way up your neck. You can do it yourself, too. If at any point this causes sharp stabbing pains in your head, as well as pain in the neck, you will know that one or more of the soft discs between the bones of your neck has swollen outwards and is putting pressure on the nerves.

If I spend hours hunched over my laptop I end up with the same symptoms - tightness and pain in the head, neck and shoulders, accompanied by horrible nausea. Ibuprofen and a neck rub usually ease things. Try not to let yourself get more stressed about the pain if you can.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.