I been taking venlafaxine 75mg for my anxiaty and deporesion

Posted , 4 users are following.

I been taking Venlafaxine 75 mg for 4 weeks today and still feel this weird nasty feeling like i am not in this world, Confussed and a little spaced out before it the spaced feeling was there 24/7 now i just have that feeling for a little in the mornings I wake up very uncomtable with this mental confussion and not being in this world i dont know how much more longer i can handle this if anyone that had this problem please give me some advice i am tired of this feeling that i think i am going crazy😢

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hilda. These meds can take between 6-8 weeks tokuck in and feel the full benefits if them. Try and be patient. Drink lots of water, try and minimze ur sugar intake and get some exercise. I’m no expert on Ven by any means. Speak with ur phamacist if you need reassurance on how long they take and possible side effects. Best of the day to you. 
    • Posted

Thankyou very much john on your words this medical patiend md has helped me soo much getting trough this depression 
  • Posted

Good to hea. You will be fine. Just takes time. 
  • Posted

Hi Hilda I agree with John it does take time to fully feel the effects patience is needed at this time of adjustment for you but be assured you will get better try to take each day as it comes .I know how hard and frustrating that feels to be told go with it relax towards it take care xxx

• Posted

Thankyou for your advice and words dawn it really helps me a lot! When i keep my self busy my symptoms go down a bit and i feel more calmd, hopefully in this week 5 i start to feel better😌

• Posted

Hi Hilda. How are you feeling today? I have been taking 75mg of the Prolonged release Venlafaxine for exactly 5 weeks today. I have had some calm moments but am feeling quite jittery today, for some reason. Do you get an anxious, jittery feeling some days since you have started taking this? I hope it settles down for us both soon!
    • Posted

Hey Julia28961 today I woke up very confussed and I have this weird feeling that I feel like I am not here in this world. Today I have 4 weeks and 2 days taking the Venlafaxine, and no I dont feel nervous Its just these weird feelings I get do you have the same symptoms as me!!!
    • Posted

Hi Hilda . Yes I feel like that sometimes - almost if I'm detached from things. It's called depersonalisation I think. It's where our brain chemicals are altering and it should ease off as things stabilise. I have been feeling more anxious these last few days so I really hope that goes soon and things settle down. I don't really want to increase my dose as I know it's hard to get off.

• Posted

Yes i heard its hard to get off antidepresants. Hopefully that anxious feeling goes away for you, today i realized that my spaced out and dreaming feeling went away and know i just have this feeling like i am not in this world and confussed 😐

• Posted

Hey julia28961 how are you doing on your week 6??? 

On these past few days i have been having calm momments but i have started to feel very nervous and anxious too idk if its the medecine??? I woke up with very bad desperalitation this morning😞🙁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.