I believe it may be Anxiety/Panic - Need advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Back in August 2019, I had a incident at the gym. I took a preworkout called Mr.Hyde. I drink coffee and rockstars everyday with no issues prior to this day. Towards end of my workout, heart started racing and I felt like I was losing control. Since that day, I haven't been the same. I get episodes of heart racing and feeling on the edge. It only lasts seconds with no other symptoms. I had a EKG and Holter done that came back normal. Doctor said it's anxiety and prescribed Lexapro. I never took it. Other than the heart racing and tension episodes, i feel imbalanced/unsteady most of the day. It's like being dizzy but without anything spinning. This is the most concerning symptoms. My panic episodes are a minute or less of heart racing and fear. I don't get the other symptoms. I haven't been to the gym since and scared to drink any coffee/energy. Has anyone experienced similar? I'm looking for some hope and light into the future.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Yeah I've had that exact thing before I took celexa for a year and a half the panic attacks went away in like the 3rd month maybe sooner not sure but it all goes away and it is just anxiety so dont stress

• Edited

Hey, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone with the dizziness symptom. I've been experiencing this weird off balanced feeling for 4 months now, only just starting to accept that it is anxiety related. Haven't quite figured out how to get rid of it but hoping it'll start to go on its own. I hope you feel better soon!

• Edited

Very hard!! It's such an awful sensation and it's so hard to believe it's all from anxiety, I was convinced something was seriously wrong with me, sometimes I still do, especially when it's really bad. I even feel it even when I'm lying down in bed at times. Fingers crossed we both get some relief, sooner rather than later!

• Posted

I suffer too with this dreaded dizzy sensation - it accompanies head pressure and brain fog - at worst it feels as if I am having problems with balance in placing my feet - all over the place. It builds like a fog when in certain environments and slowly subsides again when am more relaxed. It's a nightmare

• Posted

I feel it laying down as well. Are you taking anything for it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.