I broke my ankle

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I broke my ankle 2 weeks ago had operation on it on it on the wed today I fell on my cast will it be ok 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That’s a though question to answer . I’ve done it , and I was fine , but it all depends on your fall , how hard you hit it , if you put a lot of pressure on it .. I’d say if it were to have done damage , you would know.  Try to be more careful tho , you don’t want to keep doing that especially if the break was bad enough you needed surgery . 
  • Posted

Hey. Sorry about your injury and yes you should check on that. See if it swollen!! If you feel discomfort call your Doctor!!! Stay off it for the meanwhile!!! God bless!!
  • Posted

I did the exact same thing, 3 days after getting surgery. I was going up the stairs, and tripped. My bad foot caught me putting 100% weight plus impact force on it. I was pretty freaked out, and the incision oozed a bit, but all was fine. I think you would know if you caused further damage. If it hurts or if you are extremely worried, it’s not a bad thing to get it checked out by the doctor. When I told the doctor I fell on my cast he said “of course you did,” as though it’s not unusual and they cast it up with the intention of protecting it from things like that. But I’m not a doctor. This is just personal experience. Get it checked out if it’s bothering you mentally or physically.
  • Posted

Hi I did exactly the same, twice in fact, but no further damage done, that's the job of the cast, to hold everything in place. I would say if you're experiencing more pain than usual and it's worrying you get it checked out. The hospital would prefer you to do that rather than leave it and worry about it, it would just take a quick x ray and recast.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.