I broke up with my perfect girlfriend and I don’t know what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had been dating the most perfect girl who was smart, funny, beautiful, and most of all patient and understanding of my mood swings. She stood by me, despite breaking up once several months ago due to me not being all in and opening up about my depression with her. I finally opened up more and clued her in on what was going on but since then I became more and more withdrawn. I'd cancel plans and not text her as much because I'd be at home questioning my feelings and felt unsure about us. We spent 3 weeks apart due to covid and after that I decided to end our relationship because during that time I felt like I was no longer excited to see her and did not miss her. i felt perfectly content just being alone. I felt like I was being unfair to her because I didn't feel like I was in love with her anymore, despite loving and caring about her. I just felt like I couldn't give her what she deserves in a partner who should be all in. Since the break up I've been really missing her. Was this a mistake based on my depressive thoughts? Is this common for people with depression to feel like they are no longer in love with their soulmate? What do I do?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

the depressed self I would say is not the best time to make changes.

I'm qualified as I'm currently in a low mood,off work.

when I feel like this personally I try to make decisions for the day ahead.

if you miss her & she aware of your depression, & supportiveyour lucky she sounds like a caring person.

send flowers apologies try think what she needs.

depressed people come across as selfish

even when I know I'm not I'm ill.

Good Luck

• Posted

Basically you need to talk with her and discuss all your problems. Just thinking about someone and making your life depress doesn't make any sense. You need to do some action in this case. Just talk with her share your feelings and tell everything about it. If she really care about you then she will understand you otherwise just start something else to distract yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.