I burned my foot, how severe is it and do i need medical attention? (Graphic Images)

Posted , 5 users are following.

On sunday i burned my toe / foot and the pain seems to be getting worse by the day. I have kept the wound clean and i have been using savalon daily. 

I try to keep my sock and shoe off as much as possible when inside and i am able to do this at work also. I have drained and cleaned the blisters as that relieved alot of the pain on the second day. 

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES ATTACHED

below are day by day images of my foot. If someone can identify what the white circle is in the middle that would be very helpful also.

Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would go and get it properly seen to by a nurse. You may well have an infection in there. Also never burst blisters.

Other than that hope you feel better soon

Sarah

• Posted

Thank you Sarah, I'll have it checked tomorrow. Luckily I have a newborn in the house so I borrowed her steriliser to make it safe to pop
  • Posted

You should leave burn blisters alone and never pop. That fluid is protecting the underlying burnt skin. I think you now have an infection. Hope by now you have seen a doc.
  • Posted

Does it smell? Is it red and swollen? If yes it might be infected. You need to keep it covered, dry and clean for at least 3-4 days to allow it to heal. Dont remive any skin or fiddle with it because thats how bacteria will get in. I would suggest flip flops or something to prevent further pain. Sit with you leg raised when your at home and take paracetamol and ibruphen for pain relief. Hope that helps
  • Posted

I hope you have managed to see someone about your burnt toe. If you haven't you should have done. The last picture yellow bit in the middle looks like Slough and needs removing with special dressings.

Never burst a blister that has occurred after a burn. The fluid keeps the wound bed sterile and will re absorb eventually. Hope it's on the road to healing now as it looks very sore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.