I came off amitriptyline now going back on because my pain returned.

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been taking amitriptyline for around a year for pain in my throat and ear (left side only) i started low 10mg and i tapered up to 70mg. 70mg seemed to be my sweat spot not only helping my pain levels (which had gone compleatly) but also improving my mental health . i tapered down slowly and came off planning on having a 3rd child but about 2 weeks into stopping the pain returned. ive now given up on the 3rd child and just want to go back onto them so that im pain free. my question is when ive got back to the 70mg dose (im tapering slowly again) will it work like before? im desprate to be pain free again it really does effect ecery aspect of my life. thanks for reading.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Amitriptyline is safe to take long term, but why don't you ask your GP for an alternative which may require a lower dose than equivalent to amitriptyline?

Note long term use of ami is know to affect the brain, specifically, anterograde memory.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.