I can feel a flutter in my thoart.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello there my name is Alex I just turned 20 this month I’m a female height is 5’4 weight is 120. I’m here today because recently I’ve been experiencing a fluttering feeling in my throat. It’s so annoying and makes me super scared and anxious when it happens. I have to cough really hard for it to go away. I’m scared because what if it’s a scary arrhythmia 😢 anyone with this ? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Firstly, most arrhythmias are not scary, just unpleasant, and they can be caused by anxiety, so stop being anxious.

I had a scary arrhythmia, but never felt it in my throat, I felt it on either side of my throat and in the tops of my thighs by the groin as these are were the main arteries pass.

If it happens all the time, maybe your doctor can arrange a 4 hour ECG to look for heart beat anomalies, or if only occasionally, buy yourself a hand held ECG so you can use and record your heart when you get the symptoms.

• Posted

The one I bought is called a Prince 180B

The written interpretation it gives is rubbish, but its actual graph compares exactly to what I saw on an NHS machine when they took me for an ambulance ride.

You can print off readings after you download from your computer, you select "Print" but chose your printer as (on my windows 7 device) the option to store it as an XPS file. I then found a free online site that transfers XPS files to JPG from which I could print and show to my GP who had not been able to find anything wrong with me for the previous two years, they suddenly took me very seriously. If you click on the little picture below, this is an actual ECG I took of myself from said handheld machine showing my heart going into Ventricular Tachycardia. If you get one and get stuck with how to print off, just message me and I will help. 

• Posted

What did u feel when u went into ventricular tachycardia? What were your symptoms? 
    • Posted

My first symptom was a feeling as if all the blood suddenly drained from the top of me to the bottom for just an instant, or as if I went over a hump backed bridge, also an occasional heavy heart beat I could visibly see when lying down.

It gradually got more frequent, tended to come at first after drinking a cold beer.

I did almost black out once and fell to the floor, but then last boxing day it was if I was being turned off with a dial every three seconds but turned back on before I blacked out. I also sometimes felt I was being strangled, pressure in the front sides of my neck and veins of my groin.

When I bought my ECG machine I found the syptoms corresponded to a huge single ectopic beat on my otherwise normal ecg. See the ECG of mine I took before these beats all joined together into VT.(See picture below).

When I went into Ventricular Tachycardia in some ways it wasn't so bad a feeling as rather than being a sudden jump, it would be continuous as all these beats would join together and I just felt that continuous fluttering inside.  I no longer get VT following an ablation, but every evening I still get lots of these ectopic beats which feel worst than my VT, but are not dangerous.

• Posted

I also feel a sudden jump in my chest. But mine is only felt once. Is that worrisome ? 

• Posted

59 now, but my first appointment for investigation was September 2014. Maybe a year before that before I bothered seeing doctor.

As for a jump being worrisome, you would have to ask a cardiologist, in the meantime, there is a wonderful Cardiologist here in Britain called Sanjay Gupta, if you go on youtube and search "York cardiology", you will find lots of reassuring videos he does.

• Posted

Well I’ve asked cardiologist in the past why my heart does that and he said that it’s very common for my heart to do that especially in people with anxiety. He also said that my heart is the muscle that works the harvest all the time and that we can’t expect it to beat normal all the time 😕🤔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.