I can feel a ridge like flesh at the opening of my rectocele repair site

Posted , 6 users are following.

I felt today and I can definitely feel that there’s flashiness protruding what felt like 1/2 inch out of my vaginal opening. I am scared to get my mirror out again. I know just 7 days post op everything looked tightens back into place but now ...not so much.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

*fleshiness 
  • Posted

Hello - I am so sorry you are finding this as I can imagine you are concerned!  Not sure where you are in your recovery, but there is just so much swelling in the process that I wonder if you are feeling this post being up for quite a bit and maybe have overdone?  Perhaps if you put your feet up for a bit and use an ice pack it might help.  I have seen others advise to NOT look for quite some time, but also know that is easier said than done.  Bottom line is if you are going to look - first thing in AM after you have been off your feet and resting all night is likely to give you the most accurate picture.  If you are still concerned about what you see - would definitely contact your physician.  They are best positioned to let you know if what you are feeling is a normal part of healing or if it is something they think you need to be seen for.  I hope you get good news and feel better soon!
    • Posted

I feel the same thing. They should really tell people these things! I can’t believe how underinformed we all are!!! It is ridiculous. I know doctors are busy but this is a MAJOR SURGERY...you know?
    • Posted

I looked this morning and it literally looks like the surgeon stuffed my muscles up and stitched and everything is falling down around them. You can’t even distinguish where the opening is. 
    • Posted

& I feel it when I walk 

• Posted

Please go back to consultant hun. You will then save you wondering what the heck it is. We are very in tune with our bodies. You will at least be able to move forward and make changes.that what I did and would again if I had anything that didn't feel right.Let us know won't you.xx

• Posted

Sandy,  that’s what I saw for the first 6 weeks too.  Now I see one  distinct bulge in the posterior and another lumpy bulge where the urethra is.  Still don’t really just see a vaginal hole, so to speak.   I’ve tried to search for Google images to see if this is normal but haven’t had much luck.
    • Posted

Compleately agree.I don't understand them. They get feedback of patients all the time do theymust know the issues that we sometimes face. Forewarned is forarmed!!x

• Posted

Hi Sandy

Why you looking lol,what you see now isn't the finished article at 12 wks. You will have swelling that will look like a bulge. I'd just rest up till your check up but in the mean time any concerns get back to see your consultant. They are the ones to tell you if there are any issues.They know what's normal. It's very scary but you will get there.I'm 11 wks tvh and anterior repair and I've throw n out the hand mirror lol as I got paranoid. No more looking or feeling till after check up. Here to chatxx

• Posted

My stitching post baby 1 & 2 was BAD and owning a mirror and using it to peel is a mistake I won't repeat when I have my rectocele repair....learned that lesson.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.