I can kind of "sense" objects from far (about 50 centimeters)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey there,

I have always had a weird feelings at my elbows, my feet, hands, ears and nose, that when I'm close to an object (or a "sharp" object is pointing at me from a bit further away) I can feel that the object is there. It's a very annoyingg feeling and I am FORCED by my brain to remove the object from that spot or turn the sharp part away from me. If I haven't seen the object, this feeling is not present. I can mostly feel this feeling when I'm on the computer putting my left hand on the WASD keys. Whenever an object is around my hand, I can't keep the still and I get really, really uncomfortable.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on cuz I have found nothing on the internet so far. rolleyes

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a very mild form of OCD. Your brain is "forcing" you to move the object and now you have a habit.  When you get the feeling try saying to yourself firmly.."It will not harm me,and I dont have to move it,so I wont"  It will be hard at first but your brain will soon stop forcing you .  

• Posted

Woah, I've searched all over the internet but I've never really thought about OCD. Now that you're saying, it might as well be OCD yes rolleyes. Thanks for the tip, I will try it out but I can already guess it might not help.. The feeling is very strong and it's ME who forces myself to move the object. Nontheless I will try it, thanks!

• Posted

Well,dont be defeated before you even start!  It will work if you want it to. 
    • Posted

You will have to persevere and it may not be an instant success. Imagine your brain is like a naughty child who is having a tantrum. You either ignore it or tell it firmly that you are not impressed by its actions. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.