I can not cope with the tests to PROOVE I am dying to get a little money from the Dwp.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. I have chronic pancreatitis , kidney failure and depression, severe depression. I had my last PROOVE it pip test last August, my health is worse than the year before , yet they took my care component away from me, I am on 10 tablets , morphine patches, oramorph, 40mg mirtazipane, creon 10000. But , for no reason, they decided I did not need as much care as the year before. No changes , I said no changes , in fact worse , but they took it away from me. How can this keep happening ? I am ready to give up. Im loosing my house , my sanity. How can this be right ?. X

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

HI Nanny,

You say you had your last PIP assessment last August? Did you appeal this decision by first asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) then Tribunal if that failed? Was this a review or did you report a change of circumstances because your condition got worse?

With PIP it's not about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily. Did you send in more evidence to prove those descriptors apply to you? They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's send in with the form.

Do you have a current PIp award or did you lose it completely?

You say you're losing your house, do you live with a partner and if so do they work? If not then what other benefits do you claim please?

• Posted

Hi denise15811

I did a Mandatory Reconsideration , it was a review . I guess I can explain more clearly. I was awarded pip in August 2016, middle rate care and higher rate mobility. This was awarded for 3 years. As you know when you are told three years it is not true as they review a year early , so although you think you have 3 years to not start worrying about reviews , forms to fill in , face to face assessments , stress etc etc , the forms land in your letterbox a year before the 3 years you were awarded the benefit for. So in August 2018 I had my review papers. I filled then in , with advice I put no change to except 1 , which was that my morphine dose was more than the last time , I no longer had morphine liquid I am on a morphine pump. That was all I put in the form. I was shocked to be honest to find my assessment had been done , no need for a face to face but I had lost my care rate . No reason given , only 1 paragraph saying the amount of medication does not come into consideration with pip. I did a Mandatory Reconsideration but was given the same reason. To be honest , I like many others was just too ill to fight it. I gave up. Can I just say to MaryLip, Thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated and you also take care, and you Denise , and thank you for listening. Xxx

• Posted

HI Nanny,

I'm a little confused by your dates here. You say you were awarded PIP in August 2016 for 3 years, which would indeed take you to August 2019. As you know PIP is review 1 year before the award is due to end, which in your case she be August this year because we're only in May right now, then how have you had your review already? There is also no middle rate of care. The awards for PIP are Enhanced daily living (care)  and Enhanced mobility.

Did you lose all of your PIP? If not then what award do you currently have? When was your actual review please because like i said we're only in May 2018 and when was your MR decision made? 

• Posted

Hi Denise.

So sorry i am late to reply.

You are quite right, i was awarded pip standard rate care and pip enhanced rate mobility in 2015 for 3 years, reviewed August 2017 and awarded no care , enhanced mobility. I'm sorry, I get very very confused. I did the MR as soon as I received the new decision and was given the same , no care.

I still do not understand how they came to the decision, but like i said, just too ill to fight.

Thank you for your reply.

x

• Posted

HI Nanny,

No worries, i was just a little confused and wanted to make sure they didn't review you a year earlier than they should.

Sadly most MR decisions remain the same. If you could only find the strength to fight this at Tribunal, then you have a 70% chance of winning. It just doesn't seem right that you have Enhanced mobility and didn't score enough of points for at least Standard daily living.

For the mobility part did your score the points in the "moving around part" for physical health or planning and following a journey for mental health? 

You do have 13 months in which to request the Tribunal so you're not outside your time. With good reason they wouldn't refuse a late request. It's definitely worth fighting for.

• Posted

Hi Denise.

To be honest I am not sure what the high rate mobility points were without finding my award letter, I am guessing a bit of both as I suffer chronic episodes of depression and I never leave my house, i am in constant pain and rattle with tablets .I also have oedema in my legs which stops me walking . Like many I have several ailments that cause problems both physically and mentally. I did not know you had 13 months to appeal, good advice, thank you. It scares me now though that I may lose the mobility as well. It is alarming how someone that does not know you, has not even met you , can make a decision like this, that is life now within the benefit system, i find it belittling, degrading and quite frankly disgusting how some people are treated . x

• Posted

It's impossible to lose the mobility part at Tribunal. The reason is because if they planned on lowering this, or even taking it away completely then they will have to let you know they plan to do this. This will then give you the opportunity to cancel the Tribunal. So, you really have nothing to lose by sending the request.

You will need a copy of the MR decision letter to be able to request the Tribunal, along with a form called SSCS1. You don't have to send any extra evidence yet but you will need to put a covering letter in explaining why you're outside the 28 days. If i were you then i'd put that my health didn't allow you to continue with it at the time.

Tribunals are totally different to DWP and the assessment providers. They will let you speak and listen to what you have to say. The only problem is, is that it's a long process. You could be waiting several months and longer for a hearing date. Appearing in person will give you the absolute best chance of winning. Yes, you can take someone with you, if you want. They can go inside the room with you.

It's worth thinking about. x

• Posted

@Nannygogo

I am really sorry that you are suffering like this, I am not surprised that you are depressed, one chronic illness is enough to contend with.  Please take care of your self and I hope that you start to improve before too long.

Blessings,  MaryLip 

• Posted

So sorry for you, same happened to me, why are these people getting away with it? It is so hurtful to be told there is nothing wrong with you when you are in chronic pain for 24 hours a day, cannot sleep or get settled, cannot manage to cope with everyday life, with proof and medical evidence, which they chose to ignore, will not rectify inaccurate reports and take points away that were awarded  without proof etc. etc  No one will listen. Stay strong if you can, don't let them win.

• Posted

Collie Dog. It's shameful that this country is doing this to people. I am no scrounger , I worked hard for 35 years and paid my taxes etc. No fault that some become ill and can no longer work. Like you 24 hours a day chronic pain is no laughing matter. Yet we are made to practically grovvel now for help. It is degrading . I wish I could move to another country , be given a house and benefits like others here , I would jump at the chance, sadly , this is the reason hard working people that fall flat on their face with illness are committing suicide. It's sad times , very sad. The country has gone nuts , and it takes the Mick out of our granny , grandad, great grandad etc etc that faught in the war for us to have better lives,shame on our government for doing this , they should all be very very ashamed. Rant over. I apologise if I offend anyone , just having a bad day . You stay strong Collie Dog. X

• Posted

Some people are good liars and this makes a difference.  I would rather tell the truth and shame the devil.

• Posted

Sadly the health care professionals very often use a standard "copy and paste" procedure when writing up these reports, which is why a lot of people state that it seemed like they were reading about someone else.

You would be totally gob smacked at some of the stories i've heard. Sad really but we must fight and not let them win.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.