I can not sleep

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was taking trammadol 2, 200 mg four times a day, for 2-3 yrs. Cut back to one every 6 hours, per Dr. I then went to 1 a day, in pm before bed. Stopped taking completely 2 days ago, NOW have HORRIBLE RLS, and trouble sleeping. How long before trammadol is OUT of My system. Feel like I am going nuts

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Your dosage is alarmingly high! My advice decrease dose SLOWLY. Go half (50%)  then a quarter (15%) In my case. Chronic TKR infection. Operation later this month. It's called  "revision." Sounds good? But it's a big operation, which I'd rather avoid. It goes like this:  Out with the infected hardware in with a new implant. In the menatime, I take  50 mg Tramadol per day plus 500 mg Paracetamol with strong coffee. No Sugar! Otherwise, I would be bedridden and depressed all day. Thanks to Tramadol I can walk short distances and drive without the excruciating pain. I love driving, and Porsche Carrera is my dream car!  BTW. I have never had any problems sleeping. Good Luck. Bangkok-Johnnie

• Posted

Hi hon my heart goes out to you. That was a huge amount of tramadol, can I just check you said 200 mg x 4 per day equalling 800 mg!!!! You have done so well to get off that! I quit about 3 years ago when I was on 400 mg a day and the restless leg was a killer it lasted about 7 nights and if it had gone on one more night I would have given up! Now like and idiot I’m here again! I’ve been taking 3 x 100 mg slow release, not prescribed unfortunately, so today I have an appointment to see my doctor to see if he will give me the instant release so I can taper as you can’t taper the slow release. Don’t know what I’ll do if he says no. Can’t believe I’m here again! I’m dreading it.youve got this though, just dig in. How’s the anxiety because for me that and the restless leg was the worst. Wish me luck at the doctors!!!! Keep in touch x
  • Posted

Go back on to a dose - whatever you have....only make sure you do not take more than 200mg in 24 hours. Go to a doctor and ask for quick release to use to taper. Taper over months. If you come off fast you risk restless legs, depression and suicidal ideas. If you can’t for some reason taper, you will need an alternative to help...methadone....failing those solutions, smoke weed. To answer about restless legs...they might never fully go away. The best chance is a very slow taper. 

• Posted

Took me over 72 hours before any sleep. Then that was for 2 hours.
    • Posted

Hi peter

Do you mind me asking how much you were on and for How long. Did you taper off.?

• Posted

I was on 2 tabs 3 times a day for 5 years or so. I done it cold turkey. My daily thread should still be on. Have a look.
    • Posted

I am in my third night of restless anxious sleep. I found this site this morning and have red almost everything. Peter, I can't seem to find your story.

• Posted

I was looking at your profile under your replies but scrolling down further I now see your discussions thank you
    • Posted

Hi

Things should start to get a bit better on the sleepafter 72 hours. Stick with it. It will be worth it.

• Posted

Thank you so much this site has been great to help me realize even though my mind is in a spin that I'm not crazy. I I knew from a collarbone injury years ago that I did not want Vicodin again. And after ACL surgery at the on April 5th, I was very proud to be off of Oxycodone after 3 days. Little did I know the Tramadol which was the other prescription drug was just as bad of a narcotic. Decided to quit 3 days ago and did not know at all about the fight it was going to be. I thought I was nuts wanting to crawl out of my skin but hopefully with some magnesium vitamin C and B12 I'm on the road to recovery.

• Posted

Hi Nancy. Keep it up. It took about 10 days for me. I went through the same thing. I took alot of warm Epson salt baths, walks, or anything I could to keep my mind busy. No matter what, don't just sit and wait to feel better. Also, drink ALOT, of water. Remember, you are reprogramming your brain. Just don't give up ok. You will love yourself for stopping this crap.

• Posted

Hi I have been on Tramadol on and off for 18 years. I have 4 disks in the lumber region of my spine degenerating.

I am now 57 when I have a flare up of my condition I am prescribed 100mg twice a day.

I find the opposite Tramadol keeps me awake and I have to take Diazepam to help me sleep (also as a mussel relaxant).

When I have been on Tramadol for some time (2-3 months or more) coming off takes a lot of willpower I get the sweats shake and am very irritable. This lasts for 7- 10 days.

My wife bears the brunt of it (bless her) but we now recognise it for what it is. stick with it only those who have gone through it or are going through it can understand.

It will pass and you will get your life back.

Wishing you all the best

Gary   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.