I can’t cope anymore!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a diagnosis of BPD, I have been on multiple medication and none of them seem to help. 

I have been in and out of A&E with overdoses over the years as well as self harm. I feel like no one is listening to me, or taking me seriously. 

I keep trying to tell them that no antidepressants seem to work and that I don’t think the problem is just BPD.

I tried to suggest BPD and co-occurring Bipolar of some sort and was dismissed by the consultant psychiatrist and told that the two do not occur together.

I am reaching my limit, I don’t know how much more of this never ending  emotional rollercoaster I can take.

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Please try to cope,  have you got any family? Or you could go to Mind, a charity that is set up to help those with mental health issues.
    • Posted

My family are aware of my issues but they don’t know how to help so try and pretend it doesn’t exist.

Not sure if we have MIND here, but I will look it up.

• Posted

If you get to a last resort situation a chat with Samaritans never hurts either, they understand and don't pretend issues don't exist.

• Posted

Hi, I actually have been diagnosed with bpd and bipolar. The meds I take are: Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150 mg, Adderall 20 mg, (I also have a.d.d.), and Abilify 30 mg.  When Abilify was added to my meds, I seemed to be getting a lot better for some reason. Please google it and see if it sounds like it could help you too. If no one told you today, *I* do take you seriously, and am very concerned. Self harm is no joke, as well as having suicidal ideations. Please find another psychiatrist who will listen to your feelings, instead of dismissing them. The people around you should be ashamed of themselves, because you (and I) suffer from a very serious mental illness that needs attention and care. Ever hear of “cbt” or “DBT” therapy? Please google it. Maybe that would help you live a fuller, happier life. Those types of therapy groups are tailored to help people with personality disorders. I’m considering trying it myself. Also, a psychotherapist may help you rather than just a psychiatrist or “talk” therapist. We need more specialized care than most. Good luck, feel better, and much love to you! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.