I can't cry......

Posted , 3 users are following.

sounds like a silly question i know but i will try explain. last night i se a video of a husband comforting his dying wife in her deathbed while watching it i started to cry now this is the fist time i have cried since i was a kid, the past 16 months i have been going through hell so much pain and loss but i have not shed a tear once and before that lots of horrid things have happened but never cried once just that once last night, i come accross the same video tonight i se it and nothing happend at all no reaction, what is that about ?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You know, sometimes there is no hard & fast rule as to when & if we should show our emotions. How old are you for a start? I haqve suffered physical & emotional pain over the years & at times, the thin that I cried over one day, I don't the next. Are you bottling your emotions up, or is it simply that you feel no emotion? If it's the latter, then a visit to your GP might reccomend a councelor for you to see. I have been through that myself. They can walk you through things & sometimes find causes for the problem. Putting pressure on yourself to show some kind of emotion is not a good thing. I have never had a relationship with my brother & sister & the thought of anything happening to them leaves me cold, emotionless. It's just the way it is, no use anylizing it.
    • Posted

im 30 years old. i always bottle my emotion through the years i felt all the pain at 200% it was horrid but after the last major bad thing to happen 16 months  a go some thing different happend i developed a cold heart like i can understand others pain but my heart dont feel like it used to i still feel depression all day and get anxiety but i dont feel emotion the same its strange
    • Posted

i also dont have a relationship with family at all 
  • Posted

Hello,   I have felt something like that before but never for that time frame.  Do you take any medication?  Might sound odd but then again lol.....when I took Lexipro it made me numb to feelings of any kind.  Things I should have been happy about I wasn't and things I should have been sad about I wasn't.  Of course you still feel depression so not sure.  I liked being numb to feeling.  Wasn't so depressed all of the time but less sensative to others was an affect also and thats not so good.  I now would like that to be my problem as opposed to my current emo. issues.   Will explain tomorrow.  Today was a horrible day and I was down just about as far as I could go.  So hard to believe in yourself when you constantly are screwing things up and you can't help it.  I usually make myself notes or do something to remember things but really thought I had this one right. Just can't remember anything and if I think I do remember something, I'm finding I can't trust myself to be correct.  I'm usually wrong.  If I think something is 5:00 you can bet it was 4:00 but my mind is so certain.  Tomorrow is another day....but....what day lol
    • Posted

Lack of emotion, poor memory, feling you are always wrong, can't trust your own judgment. Seems we share the same symptoms as 'remember'. I find it very issolating, I forget appointments so try not to make them, don't make arrangments with the few friends I have, as I end up pulling out at the last min. I sit in, ask my estranged wife to do shopping for me because I don't want to venture out. I spent a lot of money on photography equipment that goes unused for long periods, although that is the only bright spark, my photography. Both of you, keep talking, it really does help to tell others who are going through what you are going through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.