I Can't Do This Anymore

Posted , 5 users are following.

I suffer with DD , Gallstones, Painful Bladder Sydrome and the pain

is driving me mad. I'm taking painkillers all the time with very little relief. The consultants are useless, I've been hospitalised sooo many times, just sent home as they can't do anything.

I'm starving hungry but dare'nt eat much as I keep getting terrible wind pain and then sometimes diarrhoea. What can I eat ! I feel so lost and alone with it all. So tired I just want to sleep and never wake up.

I can't keep doing this.

Sorry for the rant but have no one to help me.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh poor you Lynda. I expect you have been tested for allergies. I would definitely make a double appointment with GP and discuss all your worries. Explain how fed up you are and how depressed it's making you. You should not have to suffer like this. You can contact me any time. Do you live in the U.K?

Best wishes. Angela

• Posted

Hi Angela

Yes I'm in the UK.I've seen my GP lots of times only to be

told I have to wait to see the consultant or go to hospital.

They do nothing though. I wouldn't leave an animal in this pain .

• Posted

That's awful if only people realised how this awful diverticulitiscan can affect your life. Where in the U.K. are you as must admit my GP responded very quickly but it does depend who you see. I do sympathise it must be awful for you and quite understand why you feel as you do as it gets you down. Keep checking the posts as other suffers often good advice and they may be going through the same as you. Thinking of you. Angela

• Posted

I'm so sorry Linda, illness can make us feel so lonely.  Over the last three years I have had about ten DD attacks and they are becoming more frequent, I have had two already this year.  The last one landed me in hospital and I have got to the stage where it is seriously getting me down.   Not knowing when it will hit me, making plans for holidays etc are frought with anxiety and the pain that I suffer in the first twentyfour hours is horrendous.  The antibiotics cause awful side-effects, two weeks of my life are wiped out after each attack.  It seems to me, that the medical profession is scratching it's head about this disease and that does not help you or me.  I wish that I had something more positive to say, but know that you are not alone. x  

• Posted

Chin up sweetie. As bad as it is, you CAN do this. Plant your feet and decide which one you will get taken care of first. On step at a time.

Has your doc mentioned surgery for your gall stones or is that something your consultant handles? I'm US based and dont understand the UK health care. If it's your consultant... when is your appt. Talk to him about getting something done for one or the other so you can get at least some relief.

I hope you find relief soon.

Lucy

• Posted

Hi Linda, hope by now you've managed to get some relief from the pain you've been having. Just one of your problems is bad enough but all three together is awful. Would it be possible for you to see a different Dr who may be of more help to you. Unfortunately my experience was much the same ( DD only) no treatment as Drs weren't sure what was really wrong. I found more information on this site & also from my local health food shop. I hope you begin to feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.