I can't eat anything without feeling sick

Posted , 5 users are following.

So for the past few days whenever I ate something my stomach started to hurt. I'd go to school and eat my lunch but I'm always hungry no matter what I do. I tried to eat cereal today but my stomach hurt like crazy and I'm still hungry but I don't want to throw up. I haven't thrown up before but I'm feeling nauseous. Please if u know what's happening share I really don't want to go to the doctor

Some things u should know

I am a teen

I don't drink, smoke or anything like that

I don't like going to doctors at all

I haven't told my parents cause they will bring me to a doctor

I don't take any medication except for some Advil here and there

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My best advice is to see your doctor if your symptoms have lasted for more than a week.  I don't like doctors either but when my stomach started hurting constantly last year, I went to the doctor after two weeks of pain and had tests for three months and eventually got diagnosed with IBS.

• Posted

First thing I would do:

no more Advil.

It's ingredient is Ibuprofen,

an NSAID (= non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug).

It is very well known to upset the stomach or cause reflux or even ulcers in some people. They heal once it is left out.

If need be taking it, then with a glass of water and a bit of food (even the absorbtion is better without food, but one rather cares about starting the stomach protection mechanism),

take it rather in the afternoon and evening than in the morning.

But try to stay off NAIDS for 6 months.

How about paracetamol trial? when you have some pain to treat.

You might have a tummy bug as well currently and pass.?

If your symptoms continue,

I would highly suggest seeing a doc for sure

because it might be as easy as a few touches on the belly, describing symptoms, a breath test or as easy as some diet suggestions or short term anti-acids to support or try healing your stomach lining and go from there. 

There might be more cases like you around at the same time with same symptoms and he get's those people clustered at once, hence has the experience.

Don't be afraid, but go if your symptoms continue please.

• Posted

"Its ingredient".....of course. redface

• Posted

Stop taking Advil for Advil is aspirin which can make your stomatch become inflamed or damage the lining of your stomatch. Eating regularly at the same hour every day and drink a lot of water. You also take zantac for reducing acidity in your stomach due to too much acid caused by taking Advil. Hope it helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.