I can't get borax..

Posted , 12 users are following.

So I live in Denmark and our government has declared borax as environmental toxic so they have banned borax. It seems like borax is the only hope, so I'm really sad about it.. I'm 26 and I have had LS for as long as I remember. This really sucks, because I can just watch how everything is fusing together down there despite the use of dermovat and coconut oil.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Perhaps you can find soda.  That works as well, though a little less fast.  I use both baking soda and borax.  Baking soda is a bit gentler for my system.
  • Posted

Hi 

The same thing seems to apply in the UK but many have bought some through sites such as ebay.  I don't know however if the substance is banned does that mean it's illegal for you to buy it, or not encouraged? I'd be interested to hear what others living in the UK and Denmark think and hear more about the quality and effectiveness of the products they have been able to buy. 

I'm really sorry you have had LS from such a young age and hope you manage to find something which helps you. 

Have you tried bicarbonate of soda? Perhaps not as effective but worth a try? I find it offers a lot of relief and seems to be making a difference to me. 

• Posted

I wanted to communicate that borax is a natural product. Borax is a naturally occurring mineral.  My doctor told me that borax was used a lot in the medical world in the past.  My nurse sister told me the same. 

​Maybe with the use of different alternatives it was forgotten and disappeared from the shelf.

​Here in Canada you find it in the laundry detergent section of the super market. I use it as an additive to my washing as well.

• Posted

Hanny, you use baking soda in the bath. The measurement you have used is in cup

would you know what amount that is in grams please. I am from the UK. I use three

pinches in my peri bottle wash. Very slow progress with fusing. But I would like to try

In my daily bath. I have not managed to get borax over here.

Many thanks.

• Posted

Don't know in grams, but if you take a mid-size tea cup and  fill one third you should get the approx. amount. 

• Posted

So sorry you are much too young to be dealing with this horendous disease! Have you tried ordering it on the internet? I live in the US and I get it over with the laundry detergent. I've been alternating baths between borax and baking soda for a couple weeks now. So far so good however I don't have the fusing so I can't vouch as to it's affectiveness with that issue. I wish you all the best and hope you find something that works! 

• Posted

Hi,

Borax (sodium borate) is actually not an environmental toxin; it is a naturally occuring mineral and is used in a lot of products from food to cosmetics.  From what I've read during my research of it, it was banned in some countries because people were drinking it, or putting it in their eyes, which was not healthy.  I hope you can find some on-line, but if not, as other people have said, you can try baking soda.  That helped me a lot before I discovered the borax treatment.

• Posted

Hey, just wanting to know if anyone is taking Borax internally?

I just found this article last night. Ive just ordered some. If you like, NONAME9043177 I can send you a kg. Im Danish myself.but live in NZ, so I guess postage would be an issue ( and customs?).

Ive copied/pasted hence the long reply..

What are your thoughts ?

"So to cure your lichen sclerosus and give yourself some welcome relief from the itchiness, here's what you do...

Firstly, for relief, simply add a tablespoon of borax powder and a tablespoon of baking soda to a nice warm bath and soak yourself in it for at least 20 minutes.

To cure your lichen sclerosus you take the borax internally (don't worry, it's actually safe when taken as directed). Add 1/8th of a teaspoon of borax powder and 1/8th of a teaspoon of Himalayan pink rock salt powder to one liter of clean (warm) filtered water. Drink this solution in small amounts throughout the day (eg, 50 ml's taken twenty times throughout the day = 1 liter). You can also mix each dose with extra water to dilute if you find it too strong. This one liter solution should be all gone by the time you go to bed. Continue to do this every day for two weeks before dropping back to the permanent "maintenance" dose (to keep your lichen sclerosus away for good!)

For your maintenance dose, mix up 5 grams (roughly one teaspoon) of borax and 5 grams of Himalayan pink rock salt in one liter of filtered water. THIS NOW BECOMES YOUR CONCENTRATED SOLUTION. Store in your pantry for safe keeping. Take 5-10 ml's of this concentrated solution in a glass of filtered water once to twice daily indefinitely (yes, for the rest of your life!) So for clarification, this concentrated solution (maintenance solution) should last you anywhere between 50 & 100 days if you're taking it correctly.

Also keep in mind that depending on your current level of health or any pre-existing health problems you may have, a mild to severe detoxing reaction may be experienced when consuming the 1 liter solution (the one you have for the first two weeks). If this does happen to you then simply halve the dosages (1/16th of a teaspoon instead of 1/8th). The concentrated "maintenance" solution should not cause a problem though. "

• Posted

Have had  success with using the borax solution for the past month, no unfusing yet, but all the itching has gone.     Had read about  taking borax orally and am seriously considering it,    Will be after we get back from Christmas and new year....  Always best to try new stuff when i am at home.    Was wondering if anyone had tried drinking it.     Have you tried it?
    • Posted

I've been taking it, 1/8th teaspoon in a litre of distilled water, 4 days a week.  Haven't added salt as I usually use the himalayan salt on salads, etc.

• Posted

Hi dana, 

Are you drinking a full liter of borax water a day? I have a cousin who was drinking one 8 oz glass of the borax water a day not for LS but for other health benefits. She used it for awhile with no ill affects and she actually recommended I give it a try. I have not done so yet. There are several studies on borax which claim it kills yeast, it's good for arthritis and it raises estrogen level. I have added boron to my vitamin and mineral regimen for the last 3 or 4 months.

Please keep us updated and let us know if the borax water is beneficial for the treatment of LS.

Thanks,   

• Posted

I have been taking the 1/8 tsp. daily also. I started this when I did research on Borax and read about the medical uses. I have arthritis in all my joints and have been amazed at the relief I have had. I can moved my shoulders in ways I haven't been able to for years. I am taking the 1/8 tsp 6 days a week with one day off. I did not experience any side effects or bad taste.

As has been stated here, I am also taking Borax baths and using the concentrated solution. All symptoms stopped immediately but am still waiting for reversal of my fusion. I am being patient and am thinking in terms of a year for the unfusing .. hopefully even sooner! I would encourage anyone to give it a try and read "an experiment with Borax" on this site!

• Posted

same here every thing has fused no Clitoris the only thing that did give me some releif  was Demovate thats not working now had an operation 4 weeks ago Urethral Stretch Procedure because my urethra was closed up and scared do to the lychen slerosis i have not tried any method on here as im afraid to make things worse i now have another water infection looks like Urethral Stretch didnt work i despair i cant see any way out of this situation.
    • Posted

You sound desparate Escenti, I so would like to encourage you to try sitting in a baking soda bath or start rinsing with borax. The choice is of course entirely yours.  However, it has helped many people on this site.  Including myself.  I was totally closed up and am functioning normal again, including clitoris.  These rinses and baths may likely also be 'a way out' for you.  

I very much hope for you that things will get better.    

• Posted

Heya Hanny,

When you rinse with Borax - you mean adding three pinches of Borax powder in to a little spray bottle - 100ml?

Is that the correct dosage?

And you spray after each toilet visit - or just x number times a day?

Thanks biggrin

• Posted

Hi Ienep,

?I put indeed three pinches in my Perin bottle most bathroom visits.  It keeps all very comfortable.  Sometimes I'm away from home for a short while and skip therefore.  But I feel better when I rinse with this mixture after every bathroom visit.  In the evening I add some coconut oil to my bottom for extra comfort and to prevent any stickiness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.