I can't get diagnosed. Extreme fatigue, left rib pain, muscle twitching and more

Posted , 8 users are following.

My first symptoms started in 2014, after losing a pregnancy at 10 weeks. It started with the pain and burning in my left breast (ultrasound excluded bc), and three months later a dull in my left rib with diarrhea (sorry TMI), after everything I would eat. Did CT (abdominal), lots of tests (celiac, full CBC, hormones-all clear). My symptoms persisted and although I became pregnant in March 2015 (had a successful pregnancy-during which symptoms were minimal), as soon as I delivered, the symptoms were back and worst this time. Severe depression, brain fog, pain under left rib, losing concentration, feeling hot (no fever), feeling severely exhausted, sudden chills... I thought it was hormones and possibly post partum depression but all the labs excluded this diagnosis. Had to move to Europe as hospital bills were piling, lost numerous jobs. In hope to find some thorough diagnosis I retested blood again, hormones, etc. after a bout of a FLU in January this year my blood revealed elevated ESR, fibrinogen, high Ige (limit 87, mine 540), whole body is itching, muscles twitching, burning in left side of chest with pain under left rib cage, sternum, left breast, nipple, all joints cracking with just movement. I feel like I am dying, I can't think straight, I am losing concentration and lacking words. I can't even function properly. I have Hashimoto thyroiditis for over 20 years. (I am 35 yrs old, 190 lbs, 5'9). I would just like to be myself again. chest x ray and Lung CT scan done in September 2016. I don't know where to go, sometimes I feel like this will never end. Depression is severe, and I have to inner drive, happiness. Prior to this I was a very happy, energetic and loving person. I appreciate any feedback and thank you for reading.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Google:

Nutcracker Syndrome and Chronic Fatigue

Or Nutcracker Syndrome (Left Renal Vein Compression) and every symptom that you have. You're likely to find a lot of info that most doctors don't know. A friend of mine has this condition and another similar one that I have called May-Thurner Syndrome (Left Iliac Vein Compression). A Vascular Surgeon might be a good doctor to go see.

• Posted

Jim,

Thank you. Going to look into this. Does a urine sample look for this condition? I did abd Ct and MRI nothing showed...

• Posted

These Vascular Vein Compression Syndromes of the Abdomen are not easily seen on scans unless specifically looking for them. From my experience most doctors don't. Almost all tests come back normal with these conditions. Color Doppler Sonography or Renal Venography are the good standards for diagnosing Nutcracker Syndrome. May-Thurner Syndrome can be diagnosed using Color Doppler Sonography or Pelvic Venography. Both of these conditions should be checked for as they can occur together due to the shape of the spine pressing into these veins. Women have a more pronounced lordosis so they are usually diagnosed 4-1 over men for these conditions.

Here's some Symptoms that these condition can cause that most doctors are unaware of so they often go undiagnosed:

May-Thurner Syndrome-

Extreme Fatigue

Anxiety

Depression

Exercise Intolerance

Brain Fog

Memory Problems

Difficulty Breathing

Back, Leg, Thigh And Groin Pain

Nutcracker Syndrome-

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Orthostatic Intolerance

Headache

Lightheadedness

Dizziness

Abdominal Pain

Unrefreshing Sleep

Muscle Pain

Joint Pain

Sore Throat

Low Grade Fever

Depression

Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

IBS

I've had Mild Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for the past 25 years. After having a stent placed for May-Thurner Syndrome about 10 months ago, almost overnight the brain fog dissapeared, fatigue started to fade, within days every ache and pain in my body was gone. Nutcracker Syndrome has been known to cause CFS and every symptom of CFS for over 10 years yet still almost no doctors know this. That's why it's a good idea to find a Vascular Surgeon that is very knowledgeable in these conditions. It's possible that if you do have either or both, that a simple stenting procedure could help out greatly with your problems. Message me if you have any other questions. Good luck!

• Posted

Jim,

I have made an appointment for color Doppler sonogram. I am actually very interested to find out if this actually may be one or both in my case. I am going to keep everyone updated in a week.thank you all so much. So blessed with all the support and time. God bless you all!

• Posted

I hope you can finally get some answers. Here's a couple great articles to read if you have time before your appointment. They are by Dr. Thomas Scholbach, one of the worlds most knowledgeable doctors on these conditions. Keep us updated!

http://wp12612379.server-he.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Vascular-compression-syndromes.pdf

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/6637363_From_the_nutcracker-phenomenon_of_the_left_renal_vein_to_the_midline_congestion_syndrome_as_a_cause_of_migraine_headache_back_and_abdominal_pain_and_functional_disorders_of_pelvic_organs

• Posted

Hi Ivana, 

Yes please do let us know what happens with the test.

Hope things are not too bad with you, I had a visit with my doctor yesterday, and she done a ood test,  get the results tomorrow!!!!!!!

take care

• Posted

Dear Betty,

Will do. Let us know if you find anything out.

Kindest regards,

Ivana

• Posted

Can you please update us @ivana8116242

I am having the exact same symptoms as you with no diagnosis going on a year and a half now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.