I can't hardly stand the feel of most fabrics on my skin.

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have to be extremely careful about what clothing to wear as anything the least bit rough just hurts so bad. What could be causing this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It nerve issues.

I have the same and it was damage to nerves compressed in my spinal cord due to bulging disc in my spine.

Mine started with an itch then could not bear duvet on my legs at night like sandpaper being rubbed across my thighs and certain clothes irritated them.

Have you had back issues or an MRI?

• Posted

Yes, I had back surgery at L4 and L5. My back pain is so intense. I have tremendous pain in my hips and in my groin. 
    • Posted

Hi - I had a laminectomy last June & unfortnately my nerve damage is perms ant constant burning sensation in my thoughts & fabric intolerance as you.

Then in November I started to get a throbbing in my groin with shar stabbing- is this similar to you pain in groin?

My latest Mir shows lateral recess blunting to l4-5 not sure exactly what this is until I speak to surgeon. This did not show up on my first Mir !

• Posted

My pain in the groin is sharp and stabbing. I can't tolerate a fabric on my skin that has anything like corduroy or any texture at all. Is that what you mean?
  • Posted

Hi sandra,

yes I was interested in the groin pain. It started with this about 5 months after my op.

I have been to the doctors twice first time gave me anti-inflatationary med.(anwer to everything) and second time checked for aneuryism( which they have ruled out). I have always suspected it was coming from my back and now with the issue identified in my latest MRI in L4/L5 sounds perhaps similar to your pain - It is as regular as a heartbeat but with each throb is a sharp stab.

• Posted

sandra apologises for the awful grammar & spelling in my first text, I was in the hairdressers and no glasses on (alays dangerous) and have just re- read it, I suprised you were able to make any of it out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.