I can't help but think I have a brain tumour!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer with gad and hypochondria but for the past 6 months I can't help but think I have a brain tumour and it hasn't been found! I've had blood work done and it's all clear and my doctor has assured me many times that I don't have one so why do I keep thinking I have one?? It's like I'm not going to accept I don't have one until I get ct scan which my doctor is refusing to refer me too, someone give me some reassurance please 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Rachel:  I would be willing to bet a pay check that you do NOT have a brain tumor...Brain scans are very expensive, and tumors take on a lot of symptoms beside headaches...I urge you to listen to what your doctor says, and put it out of your mind that you have a tumor...I can almost guarantee the symptoms will go away, and the thoughts of having one, as soon as you ignore them...HUGS.
  • Posted

I'm exactly the same as you!! The thought never goes away, I wake up with the thought and go to bed with it. I've had numerous eye tests and doctors appointments but they will not give me a scan either! And like you I think that they haven't noticed it. Maybe ask if you can be referred to  pedriatocs ? Then they will give you a full check ove. Best wishes x
    • Posted

I still believe that your doctors are right...those tests are very expensive.  If they had even a thought that you had a brain tumor they would have already run the tests....Just try to say to yourself...It is not a tumor!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.