I can't live like this!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, all! Sorry I post so often but this is the only place that people understand! I've been well all morning and just a few minutes ago I got a pain in my left chest area that started under my armpit and traveled into my left chest/breast area! Like something was grasping on and letting going and moving inward! WHat the heck! I'm a nervous wreck! I can't afford to run to the doctor each time I'm afraid!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Tina

I do not know how old you are, With the problem you seem to have I would suggest you talk to your GP or NHS Information Services, although I gather you are not a Native to the UK, therefore I would advise you go for assistance at A and E. This is the problem people with Anxiety have as we become unable to advise on something like you have just explained

Good Luck and Keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

Yes, seeing a new doctor tomorrow! I'm 45 yrs old and actually live in the states!

• Posted

I know exactly

But what I do is I swear at it and say

I know u want me to give in and run after you (anxiety)

But guess what .. I don't give a dammm

What's the worst u gonna do ....punk !!!

• Posted

Thank you! Anxiety is a monster we have to rebel against, absolutely!
  • Posted

Hi Tina smile I'm guessing you have been to your GP a lot of recent, judging by your post.

I am also guessing you have some health fears over your heart?

If so... Have you had tests and/or mentioned any previous chest related concerns to your GP?

If so... I really wouldn't worry.

It sounds like a small pain that you became fixated upon and your anxiety kicked in... It is all panick. You are okay...

Sometimes things happen that frighten us. That is okay... Normal even. But then we must think and think hard... Do we really need to panick? Do we need to run to another doctor? Did it pass? Are you okay now?etc...

Run through a little check list in your head.

You are okay.

• Posted

Thank you! Yes, I use to go all the time! Today I actually made an appointment with my dad's old cardiologist and Internest. I'm looking forward to speaking with him and either getting reassurance all is well or running some tests! Yes, the checklist in your mind does work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.