I can't put on weight

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I'm a 17 year old 5'3 female who weighs around 6.13 stone (with light clothing on). This is 2 pounds less than what I weighed week ago.

It is confusing as all week I have been on holiday and have been eating very little healthy stuff and eating much much more food than normal. I've also been eating breakfast (which I don't normally have)z

I've never been able to put on weight on purpose. One time I lost quite a lot of pounds in 3 months without any real reason.

From 8 months ago, I've only put on 0.4kg too (2.6kg in 10 months, 1.7kg in 12 months/a year).

It is a little confusing as I don't make an active effort to lose/don't put so much on in weight. I eat more than my family yet they put on the most weight. I eat much more than my younger sister yet she weighs more than me.

I've always been skinny and at one point did go through an anorexic period (when I was losing weight I had the tendencies and began skipping meals).

I still do have the tendencies but I never act on them because I love food, I just don't love putting on weight.

Any idea why?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

And by 6.13 stone I think the scales meant 6 stone and 13 pounds as with heavier clothes two hours earlier I weighed 7.18 stone (7 stone and 1.8 pounds)
  • Posted

And on a further note, I did significantly less exercise and walking than I normally would (according to my smart watch) as I wasn't working this week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.