I can't remember yesterday

Posted , 7 users are following.

I woke up this morning at my house with my legs sore and my head pounding. I don't remeber what happened yesteday or how i got home. I'm afraid of what could have happened and I'm sick of waking up like this. I'm sick of waking up in the morning and missing out on the life that I have fought so hard to keep. I have delt with cutting, drug abuse and suicidal tendancies but I always come back to drinking. I don't thing off my self as an addict but then again admitting you have a problem is the first step. I just want to stop waking up and having to figure out what I did the night before. I just want to stop the fuzzy memory but continue to enjoy the release of being able to forget. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you. I'm sorry for what you are experiencing now. But this is a good first step, reaching out to the people for help. You said that you don't see yourself as an addict but you might want to do a self-check on alcohol dependency. There are some self-check questionnaires online that you can try. You've gone through so much and your battle is not yet over. It is important to surround yourself with loving people who will help you on your journey. Have you ever tried counseling of asking fro professional help. Maybe going to a treatment center can help you cut off alcohol completely. There are many treatment centers available to contact 24/7 that you can check for assessment. I hope you will figure out what's the best that you can do for yourself. Warm hugs to you. smile

• Posted

Hi Bella.. are you working? Just wondering how how you cope generally and actually function. Like other reply below I suggest professional help..keep trying to improve...Robin
  • Posted

Stay strong bella. And please seek professional help from a doctor. I know very well myself that admitting the problem is almost the hardest thing to do, but once you decide you want to walk down the road of recovery, you will feel better.
  • Posted

Hi, i used to drink too much, and could quite easily get back on the path of drinking to much again, but i don't, why? Because i've got too annoyed with myself for not getting tasks done the following day, then you wake up at 1500 realise there isn't much of the day left to do your tasks and the only thing is to have another drink. Well it sucks, and i got so fed up of wasting my days of that i kind of hate drinking now, and for some reason have become a bit of a lightweight at it!!

9 times out of 10 there is an underlying issue, stress and depression is most likely. Mine, what made me drink all those years ago was anxiety and stress, but lately I have a drink after I have dropped my daughter back home to numb my pain. But i'm getting better with this thinking that I must be healthy for her.

Get annoyed with how you are feeling, and tell your self this again and again, it's hard to break but once you have done it a few times and the following day you start to achieve something you will automatically feel more positive.  

• Posted

what a great reply...getting annoyed since you waist your day and time....Happy new year!! Regards Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.