I can't shake this..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know I post on here a lot and by now I should know what this is, but it feels worse or more weird each time. Always have a dang stuffed nose, always seeing the world behind foggy and/or dizziness vision. It's always weird. Just last night I was cleaning my home and then out of no where I started to get extremely dizzy so I tried to relax and then the anxiety hit me I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack but then it started to feel like I was depressed? I just felt uncomfortable and wanted to cry but couldn't. It calmed down enough to where uncoils sleep and just a couple hours later I'm up with an upset stomach and feeling confused and uncomfortable. I feel like I don't know where I am. I had it bad from feb let year until October and it got a bit better and here we go again it feels like. Advice? sad

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

i feel the same especially now that im weaning off anti depressants.. just gotta push through thats what im doing ;( i wiah there was a cure
  • Posted

I feel the dizziness and foggy head nearly every hour of every day. It really wears your down as a person. Right now I had a really bad tense/tight feeling in the back of my neck and it's freaking me out. But like 20 minutes ago I was relaxing and watching YouTube with no problem. Anxiety is a really big obstacle. I wish you best of luck
  • Posted

I think maybe the four of us should proclaim ourselves the dizziness brigade, lol. I've had enough of not feeling myself, I was out for my anniversary meal last night and walking around town i came across so dizzy, it usually happens when I'm out. I just feel odd, like things don't seem quite right, I'm over analysing everything. Mornings are worst, I wake up so anxious about the day ahead that it makes me physically sick sad
    • Posted

yes! lol aww i know how you feel ;( i get scared just getting up to walk its horrible.
  • Posted

I completely agree with all of you. I also have dizziness constantly. Last year they told me it was labyrinthitis. I also have constant ringing in my left ear. Constantly feel odd pressure in my head. I'm just really scared of taking any kind of medication because I have to stay on my game at my job. It's a very fast paced place. Talking to all of you and knowing I'm not completely insane makes me feel somewhat better though.

Do you guys wake up super dizzy and it takes you a few to collect yourself?

• Posted

I'm exactly the same, the dizziness does get worse/better throughout the day but it's always there to some degree. I've a feeling that it may be due to something with my ear though, I've got a narrow ear canal on my right side and deviated septum, so I'm prone to problems. I had a horrendous sinus/ear infection back in August and it's been since then that it's gotten bad. my right ear pops a lot, get muffled hearing, and a bit of mild discomfort and soreness at times and I get a pressure feeling on that side which sometimes causes a headache. I'm wondering if that was the initial dizziness was caused by a ear problem, but then that made me anxious and caused my dizziness to get worse.

When I'm walking for instance, I feel like I'm somewhat walking on sponge, if that makes any sense. However, I can stand on one leg and balance so I don't think it's anything too sinister.

• Posted

I. Suffer daily with a stuffy nose I get dizzy at times off balance just a weird feeling yes its horrible its gotten worse since menopause
  • Posted

Dang! Both of you guys have it rough. Yeah.. My dizziness comes and goes as well but it's ALWAYS there. I sleep good at least I think I do. Yet I am ALWAYS tired. It's a never ending vicious cycle. I do also have a bad septem because I've broken my nose a few separate times. The only thing I've found to help cure the dizziness was Ativan. I also have Valium but like I said before.. My job is way to good to let go of. I'm so nervous they will fire me if I have to take something because of my line of work.
    • Posted

I've never tried Ativan, is it a benzo? I get you with the sleeping, I can drop off pretty good and sleep through the night, but I'm constantly tired. Anxiety just drains you, I'm tense all the time and aching from tensing myself. It really is a vicious cycle, I'm really just trying to push through, same with you that my job is pretty demanding and even though my manager knows my problems and he's great about it, I still don't want to let it affect my work, I'm the only one in my team who does my job and if I can't do it properly I do worry that they'll seek someone else or redeploy me.
  • Posted

The stuffed nose is making it harder to properly breathe. Your dizziness is from oxygen levels. Anxiety absolutely gives dizzy spells as does hormone levels. The anxiety end is i proper breathing. It stinks! In terms of chronic stuffiness you should try a netty pot. Saline rinse. Maybe eventually you can wash out whatever is causing the stuffiness. Absolutely look to your diet. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.