I can’t sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

i cant burp so i get gurgles

this week has gone worse

i lay left or right or half raised on my back i get this presure in my chest like i cant breath and need to be sick

so when i sit up ny throat gurgles for hours not a nice feeling please help i need sleep

doctors do not care

i dont eat meals before bed or junk food

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

Sorry to hear this.

I totally relate to your issue. Some years ago it happened to me and took me ages to figure out what to do. Basically not eating very late, and going for a walk before sleep helps...but a visit to an osteopath made miracles to me. the pressure on my chest was gone and i could finally sleep on my right side....that's the only side i can fall asleep until now. also exercising helps a lot- like yoga stretches,deep breathing or anything that can release tension from your chest, shoulders and stomach/diaphragm area and makes you dead tired physically. I did lots of gardening before bed and that was amazing too...just try to get as tired as possible physically

and to fix the issue for good try an osteopath seriously and good luck with this. It is possible to get over it, it's not for good.

• Posted

Could be reflux, you don't always get burning with reflux. I get the gurgles, and feel pressure in my chest too. Try Gaviscon advance, when you go to bed, this isn't like normal Gaviscon it's specifically for reflux. Also raise the head of your bed by about 6 inches this can help too. If you still struggle, try and over the counter proton pump inhibitor, but ask the chemist if it's OK for you to take them first. If no improvement, after about 4 to 6 week, go back and see your doctor. Good luck!

• Posted

i do take that but doesnt stop the growls

i sleep half way up anyway

whats the pump thing ?

• Posted

You really need to find the cause of this issue. It is not something we should guess about. Your health is at risk. Keep pushing your doctor to get a MRI scan so that the cause can be determined and a solution can then be addressed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.