I can't sleep alone... how can i overcome this.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! I struggle to sleep on my own... it can take me hours to actually fall asleep... I will just be looking at the ceiling for hours on end In till I drift off... however, when there is someone in the room with me I fall asleep in a matter of minutes! It was brought to my attention from a friend and my family after seeing that I fall asleep so quick when someone is in the room but am always complaining how on average it takes me about 2-3 hours to drift off...

I have always been a bit nocturnal according to my parents... but this whole taking forever to get to sleep gets annoying.. I was just wondering is anyone has any advice how I could try and stop this.. or reduce it.. I am not quiet sure how or why this is happening...

thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Are you afraid?  I always say one Lunesta or Ambien never hurt anyone.  CBT works too.

?Sounds like DSPS -- delayed sleep phase syndrome, or a fear of sleeping alone.  See a physician and try a eszopiclone or zopiclone.  The new Z sleeping pills are very safe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.