I can't stop crying - please help

Posted , 12 users are following.

My anxiety and panic attacks tend to bring me into depression and sadness. 

A few days ago I had a major panic attack and today I just feel... so sad. I can't stop crying, I feel like nothing will ever be okay and I just... feel so alone. 

I can't... it's just too much, so much, and I'm just... 

I don't know what to do. I don't know how to make myself feel better. I'm scared that I'll never feel better again. 

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zoeyl. I'm so sorry you are feeling like you do. The best thing you could have done is to contact this forum. You are not alone! We all have setbacks that put us down but not everybody can handle them, like myself. If this feeling has lasted a while you may certainly be depressed rather than just sad. Please see your go for some help and let your feelings out on this forum. Lifestyle is also a major factor and excercise and healthy eating can make you feel better about yourself. Try not to be hard on yourself x

• Posted

Hello ZoeyL,

Are panic attacks a major factor in your life?. I ask this because a major panic attack as you put it, is VERY DEBILITATING and it is therefore no surprise that you feel the way you do right now You don't say what treatment you are currently on, ie meds etc. It may be that you have to address your panic attacks and by far the best way for this is some for of relaxation/meditation . Or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Our problem is we have trouble explaining ourselves to the doctors and so go round in circles. The good news is this forum will give you so much support. Take it and good luck

• Posted

Hi zoeyL. I just want you to know that i went through the same thing. Its natural. Your not different. Your not a freak. Your normal. Talk to your parents and family and get help. Talk. Dont keep your emotions in. Let them out. Let them run their course. Trust me.
  • Posted

Panic is caused by fear of not meeting certain expectations; I know it feels like it's happening randomly, but subliminaly your brain is panicking because you fear you won't be able to do something. First, you need to figure what it is you are afraid of failing at; it can be a variety of things, from fearing you will lose control of a situation and make of fool of yourself to fearing you won't be able to make it out of an attack and just die/go crazy. When I had panic attacks before, I realized that was exactly my fear; I felt like I won't be able to pull myself out of it because I am not strong enough, and I thought I would just keep having one attack after another until I finally collapsed of a heart attack or stroke. What helped me was reading about the science behind anxiety and panic, which led me to realize that people don't die from panic attacks and the worst that can realistically happen is you pass out and wake up eventually. Knowing this helped a lot. 

Another thing which contributes to panic, which you may or may not have is OCD and obssesive/compulsive thoughts. When you are panicking, you probably feel the urge to give into your fears time and time again, in an attempt to alleviate the stress. Simply put, don't. Don't think of all the horrible scinerio's your mind is trying to make you live out in your imagination. You can do that after your attack is over, and you will see how silly these thoughts usually are. My advice is to tell yourself 'it's just a panic attack' and not think about anything for a few minutes, then try to think about something positive.

• Posted

Hi zoey I to suffered from panic attacks and depression I couldn't stop crying just as well as you it started in march of this year I went to the emergency room about 6 times and they kept saying nothing is wrong I kept suffering because I was scared to get on meds finally I gave in because my depression got worse and I started feeling suicidal so I got on meds its only been 3 weeks and I already feel better you may need meds to start they help you are not alone with how your feeling trust me

• Posted

Hi, I'm new to this site... can I ask, how are you now? Your post from last summer so I'm hoping you're in a better mind frame.

I feel exactly like you described... been stuck in this horrible sad cycle for so long feel hopeless.

Any words you can share? Just to let you know you not alone...

• Posted

I too have been feeling depressed, HV a history of it more so when going thru losses, which I have been loss of job, a bad relationship and no fAMILY support, just me and my ??. I'm off my antidepressants due to being on a horrible insurance Medicaid so I cry alot, feel like I lost all happiness and just want to sleep alot..a very vicious time wasting cycle I want to be off and back in life again. I feel like being older now that I can't be this poor little girl anymore..and that mommy is going to make it all better for lack of better terms. So I'm grown up with grown up problems. I am intelligent but I keep turning down jobs... Mainly because I talk myself out that I'll be happy at the job and also not able to get up early like a normal person. Just sad about being sad.

• Posted

Hi,I don't know if you will read this cause you posted this over a year ago,I feel the exact same way you do ,I hope you feel better today,for me cps stole my children from me i lost my case which i was innocent both my parents past away this year ,im not allowed to see my children today which is thanksgiving my 1st without my parents I'm extremely depressed having trouble just getting out of bed I can't stop crying I feel very lost and don't know how to fix me,if you read this I just need someone to talk to that understands what I'm going through I truly need help and if I can help someone also. Thank you God bless you

• Posted

Good evening zoeyL,

Really sorry about what you are going through and all I can refer back to is what Jesus did for me because what Jesus did for me he can do the same for you. You know what he did he saved my soul he dilivered me out of all my troubles. If you read  Deuteronomy 6 verse 31 it tell you in no matter what you face in life Jesus is still with you. He loves you and I understand that what you are going through is devastating but everyday pray to God about it all and thank him for allowing you to see another day. Even though you may feel like you don’t deserve what you Re facing but if you also read Romans 8 verse 28 in the KJV bible it’s working for the good. Don’t feel alone my prayers be with you! Hope you get comfort and your children back. Jesus loves you!! He is your friend even when you are alone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.